Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

You said you are low carb, and that's your problem. If you reduce carbs what are you replacing them with? No wonder you are hungry! That's why we have LCHF.

Tks mister, I always have (good) fats. ATM i'm increasing the lean protein and vegetables which aren't terribly appealing when all you want is a potato, slice of bread or koek :-)

also, instead of a sandwich i've substituted yoghurt, berries, nuts etc, but OMG it would be nice to pig out on a hamburger and chips.
 
Tks mister, I always have (good) fats. ATM i'm increasing the lean protein and vegetables which aren't terribly appealing when all you want is a potato, slice of bread or koek :-)

also, instead of a sandwich i've substituted yoghurt, berries, nuts etc, but OMG it would be nice to pig out on a hamburger and chips.

The problem I find with going absolutely super low carbs is that yoghurt, berries and nuts all have carbs in them, and eating all of them in one day probably means you are blowing past your carb limit.

If that matters to you.

I decided to not aim for super duper low carbs because I know it isn't realistic for me. There is no way I could eat less than 20g of carbs per day, so I don't even try. What I do instead is to eliminate unnecessary carbs (sugar in tea/coffee and sugar on top of breakfast cereal), and eat "healthier" carbs instead (only all bran for breakfast, only whole wheat low GI bread for lunch). And I avoid carbs for supper if possible.

I snack on nuts during the day.
 
I've been reading through this thread and I must conclude you were surely jesting with this comment?

People that do LCHF....supported with love and hugs
People that do um any other kind of diet....criticized, sneered at, treated like morons

I have had success losing weight but I'm scared to even mention it because I didn't LCHF
*prostrates self, begs forgiveness, backs out of thread on knees*

More like the people who crit LCHF get "criticized, sneered at, treated like morons" I don't follow LCHF or any other diet for that matter and I have never been sneered at.

As D3nz said we are here to support people and if your chosen process works for you then by all means go ahead and keep doing what you doing.
 
The problem I find with going absolutely super low carbs is that yoghurt, berries and nuts all have carbs in them, and eating all of them in one day probably means you are blowing past your carb limit.

If that matters to you.

I decided to not aim for super duper low carbs because I know it isn't realistic for me. There is no way I could eat less than 20g of carbs per day, so I don't even try. What I do instead is to eliminate unnecessary carbs (sugar in tea/coffee and sugar on top of breakfast cereal), and eat "healthier" carbs instead (only all bran for breakfast, only whole wheat low GI bread for lunch). And I avoid carbs for supper if possible.

I snack on nuts during the day.

Same, there is no way I could do low carb diet. Just on fruits and veg I go over 150g.
 
More like the people who crit LCHF get "criticized, sneered at, treated like morons" I don't follow LCHF or any other diet for that matter and I have never been sneered at.

As D3nz said we are here to support people and if your chosen process works for you then by all means go ahead and keep doing what you doing.

Did you miss SaoirseB getting jumped on yesterday? She didn't say anything bad about LCHF, just noted what she was doing.

I guess it doesn't matter though, people are gonna do what they're gonna do until they figure out for themselves if it's not ideal. I'm not sure an internet argument ever convinced anyone of anything.
 
Did you miss SaoirseB getting jumped on yesterday? She didn't say anything bad about LCHF, just noted what she was doing.

I guess it doesn't matter though, people are gonna do what they're gonna do until they figure out for themselves if it's not ideal. I'm not sure an internet argument ever convinced anyone of anything.

Read my post about that on the previous page.

The problem was she got defensive about her decision and took it personally. We are here to give advice, we can't help it if some people take it personally. Nobody seems to think it is a good idea to be injecting stuff into your stomach.

Should we have lied instead?
 
Read my post about that on the previous page.

The problem was she got defensive about her decision and took it personally. We are here to give advice, we can't help it if some people take it personally. Nobody seems to think it is a good idea to be injecting stuff into your stomach.

Should we have lied instead?

This. And for eating little to nothing...

The message at the start of the whole interaction was about getting an eating plan that is sustainable. Living on apples, injections and love/hugs is not.
 
This. And for eating little to nothing...
The message at the start of the whole interaction was about getting an eating plan that is sustainable. Living on apples, injections and love/hugs is not.

The HCG diet is a short term thing and she knows she has to have a sustainable plan to keep the weight off. It has been used for over 60 years, and I've never heard of any negative side effects of doing it. I've done HCG before and it worked, but I wouldn't do it again. LCHF works equally as well for me, and I find it more enjoyable.
 
Maybe seriously over weight uses this HCG method and others to kick start the weightless. I'm guessing once people go through a program like HCG, you already have the drop in weight to kick start you wanting to work out and you already changed your eating habits which helps sticking to a more sustainable eating plan.

Some people can change a life long habit in a space of a week, others need big changes to make a long term change to their eating habits. eg gastric bypass surgery etc.
 
The HCG diet is a short term thing and she knows she has to have a sustainable plan to keep the weight off. It has been used for over 60 years, and I've never heard of any negative side effects of doing it. I've done HCG before and it worked, but I wouldn't do it again. LCHF works equally as well for me, and I find it more enjoyable.

It has never been proven scientifically and one of the American proponents of it was sent to jail for fraud. Do the math.

Look, even if it works, fad diets do not work. Starving yourself for 2 months then going back onto your old diet will not work. You will just pick up the weight again.
 
Part of the SlenderWonder program is a long term maintenance plan (sensible eating). I know of a few people who have followed this and have kept the weight off
 
I've been reading through this thread and I must conclude you were surely jesting with this comment?

People that do LCHF....supported with love and hugs
People that do um any other kind of diet....criticized, sneered at, treated like morons

I have had success losing weight but I'm scared to even mention it because I didn't LCHF
*prostrates self, begs forgiveness, backs out of thread on knees*

Yep. I've learnt from this experience never to reveal how I'm losing my weight again.
 
Read my post about that on the previous page.

The problem was she got defensive about her decision and took it personally. We are here to give advice, we can't help it if some people take it personally. Nobody seems to think it is a good idea to be injecting stuff into your stomach.

Should we have lied instead?

ACTUALLY the problem WAS this:
Sigh the lengths people will go to to lose weight without any effort.

Just eat correctly and exercise. No need for bogus supplements / injections / starvation.

It's definitely not sustainable and definitely not healthy.

And

The joke is if you eat right, losing weight is actually less effort than all these other ridiculous quick-fixes.

Up until then I didn't have a problem with what you guys were saying. In fact I acknowledged that it's not sustainable and I've mentioned ad nauseam that I have a plan. Yes by all means share your views, but don't come here and tell me I'm wrong and you're right. Don't call me ridiculous for my decisions. Don't call me a joke. Don't tell me I'm putting in very little effort when clearly I am.

I am me. My life experiences and decisions based on that are my own. I don't appreciate people basically telling me I'm an idiot for those decisions. You don't know why I made the decisions that I have. I don't need your condescending judgments.
 
The HCG diet is a short term thing and she knows she has to have a sustainable plan to keep the weight off. It has been used for over 60 years, and I've never heard of any negative side effects of doing it. I've done HCG before and it worked, but I wouldn't do it again. LCHF works equally as well for me, and I find it more enjoyable.

Yes I have a plan to maintain the weight loss. Which does not involve forever "Living on apples, injections and love/hugs."
 
Last edited:
Maybe seriously over weight uses this HCG method and others to kick start the weightless. I'm guessing once people go through a program like HCG, you already have the drop in weight to kick start you wanting to work out and you already changed your eating habits which helps sticking to a more sustainable eating plan.

Some people can change a life long habit in a space of a week, others need big changes to make a long term change to their eating habits. eg gastric bypass surgery etc.

This.

My plan from the start has been to use this to get to the right weight then maintain it from there.
 
I've appreciated all the encouragements so far.

Thanks for starting this thread Drewchan. It was a good idea while it lasted. Please remove me from the challenge.
 
It has never been proven scientifically and one of the American proponents of it was sent to jail for fraud. Do the math.

I have read all the negative stuff, but there are still medical doctors using it to this day. There is an incredible amount of fraud in the diet industry, and there is no need to label everything as fraud without due diligence.

Look, even if it works, fad diets do not work. Starving yourself for 2 months then going back onto your old diet will not work. You will just pick up the weight again.

OP knows this! And anybody who does not know this will learn by their own experience.
 
I've appreciated all the encouragements so far.

Thanks for starting this thread Drewchan. It was a good idea while it lasted. Please remove me from the challenge.

Don't leave! Stay and irritate the people who are against HCG! :D
 
The problem I find with going absolutely super low carbs is that yoghurt, berries and nuts all have carbs in them, and eating all of them in one day probably means you are blowing past your carb limit.

If that matters to you.

I decided to not aim for super duper low carbs because I know it isn't realistic for me. There is no way I could eat less than 20g of carbs per day, so I don't even try. What I do instead is to eliminate unnecessary carbs (sugar in tea/coffee and sugar on top of breakfast cereal), and eat "healthier" carbs instead (only all bran for breakfast, only whole wheat low GI bread for lunch). And I avoid carbs for supper if possible.

I snack on nuts during the day.

yes, that's more or less what i've done. could never go completely no carb.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X