What's for breakfast?

Readsalot

Expert Member
Anyone here enjoys runny egg yolk, sometimes referred to as "over easy"?
I can't stand it. Needs to be hardened/omelette/scrambled.
I like it runny. I also like to eat it on a steak or a burger, sometimes, then the runny yolk forms a sauce that ties everything together. Yum.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I like it runny. I also like to eat it on a steak or a burger, sometimes, then the runny yolk forms a sauce that ties everything together. Yum.
The runny yolk mixed with the blood from the steak. Perfect! :D

Readsalot

Expert Member
The runny yolk mixed with the blood from the steak. Perfect! :D
Yes, if I'm starving or in a hurry :D But I usually try to let my steak rest a bit before I eat it as recommended, so the juices stay in the meat instead of running out when I cut it.

20091204-resting-steaks-overhead.jpg

"This image shows six steaks of identical thickness that were all cooked to an internal temperature of 125°F. I sliced one steak open every 2.5 minutes and placed it on a plate to collect any juices that leaked out."

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/how-to-have-juicy-meats-steaks-the-food-lab-the-importance-of-resting-grilling.html

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yes, if I'm starving or in a hurry :D But I usually try to let my steak rest a bit before I eat it as recommended, so the juices stay in the meat instead of running out when I cut it.
Interesting. I didn't know you should let the steak 'rest'....

EMAM

Honorary Master
I do my utmost to avoid it, that, chopped herring and liver :sick: Kichel I like... :p
Ahhhh.....another mybb Jew
Liver, chopped herring, kichel ....yummy....roll mops, Danish herring, not so yummy