What's for lunch?

That's an interesting one, grated carrot in oats, what does it take like?
Look if carrot-cake offends you (gasp a vegetable in something sweet!) then don't bother. Otherwise it's a bit like carrot-cake dough. The carrots are sweet, I added vanilla cinnamon, ginger, fennel and some chopped up dark chocolate and the raisins & walnut finish the cake illusion.
 
Kind of funny how we grew up eating only cooked oats and detested it as kids but my nephews will eat the shit outta overnight oats.
 
Look if carrot-cake offends you (gasp a vegetable in something sweet!) then don't bother. Otherwise it's a bit like carrot-cake dough. The carrots are sweet, I added vanilla cinnamon, ginger, fennel powered and some chopped up dark chocolate and the raisins & walnut finish the cake illusion.

I love carrot cake and that all sounds very yummy, something you'd pay a mint for at some larney Cape Town hipster joint.

I'll definitely try carrot next time I make oats

What does the fennel powder add, I cant recall fennel being a flavour that would go well in that mix?
 
Chuck it all in blender + Tabasco and done, the lunch of champion bodybuilders. All you need now is a vial of anabolic for your balanced diet to be complete.

Ignore the haters, just jealous.
Now I just need to move to Fourways
 
The Bitter Sweet - a Viking's Brunch.

Matured rump, perfectly braaied quickly fried on a touch of carefully selected baby spinach. Topped with caramelised onion rings, overpriced out of season avocado, supervised chicken egg, melted cheese and finished off with a blob of blackberry jam.

Brunch served with a latte made from locally freshly roasted beans, grounded to perfection, extracted with hipster enthusiasm and finished of with textured fresh snobby goats milk

(*Dirty Rustic table just for photos)


IMG_20220122_124259.jpg

IMG_20220122_124132.jpg

IMG_20220122_124330.jpgIMG_20220122_124402.jpgIMG_20220122_124425.jpgIMG_20220122_124511.jpgIMG_20220122_124547.jpg
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X