What's for supper - Second Course

HunterNW

Executive Member
Fine chopped Impala meat, rolled into a ball and flattened. Char grilled to perfection. Placed inside a soft french bread roll, covered with italian tomatoes smoothed into a paste.

A Hamburger. Wtf is it with all these fancy names for common food ?

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Fine chopped Impala meat, rolled into a ball and flattened. Char grilled to perfection. Placed inside a soft french bread roll, covered with italian tomatoes smoothed into a paste.

A Hamburger. Wtf is it with all these fancy names for common food ?
Ask Cerebus

saor

Honorary Master
so whats on this plate then? besides the obvious stuff. want to include more veggie dishes in my diet.
Purple = cabbage kimchi (more like saurkraut)
Red = brine-cured peppers
Horseradish
Mango atchar

Imo an easy way to include some greens is to buy mixed herb seeds and chuck them onto some soil and once they start popping up you just pick a handful each day and add to your food. Involves almost zero effort other than watering every 2nd / 3rd day. Brine fermented veggies are also really easy to make. Chop some chillies & onion, put in salty water for a few days and eat.

Usually buy biggish bags of seeds from:
https://www.seedsforafrica.co.za/
Or sometimes https://livingseeds.co.za/

Last edited:

maumau

Honorary Master
@saor, how long do you boil bones for bone broth?

Is it bones, a splash of vinegar and a lot of water? Tks

saor

Honorary Master
I think saor's a vegetarian. Not sure he's the right one to ask about a bone broth.
I did eat the bone broth, mom made it. I'll dabble if it's grass-fed / free roaming etc. The day I was visiting them I'd been for a long run up Helderberg & it was a cold day and my body craved it. @maumau I think it was about 2 or 3 days, but the last day the pot went into one of those pot-keep-warm things that looks like a futon. Can ask her what the cooking time & ingredients were.

maumau

Honorary Master
I did eat the bone broth, mom made it. I'll dabble if it's grass-fed / free roaming etc. The day I was visiting them I'd been for a long run up Helderberg & it was a cold day and my body craved it. @maumau I think it was about 2 or 3 days, but the last day the pot went into one of those pot-keep-warm things that looks like a futon. Can ask her what the cooking time & ingredients were.
Please will you confirm with her. I know it simmers for a looooooong time but would love to hear it from an expert :)

Could the futon be a slow cooker :ROFL: :ROFL:

maumau

Honorary Master

Love making bone broth. The best is turning it into pho :love:

:laugh::laugh: would love your recipe if you don't mind sharing. Bone broth is my main interest but it's worth making a lot and freezing it so Pho might be on the menu.