Where to get phone evaluated?

rinorobert

Hi Guys,

So my Samsung Galaxy S3 died on me last week and I have filed an insurance claim but they are requiring me to get the phone evaluated so that we can send them a report on the phones condition before they (the insurance company) does anything.

The phone was bought prepaid. I then put a 'cell c' sim card in it and have used it with that sim for the past 2 and a half years about a month ago I did a Sim Swap to Vodacom as there is poor reception from Cell C.

Can anyone recommend where I should go to get this evaluation done as neither Cell C or Vodacom says its registered on their network / system so therefore they can't do the evaluation.

Cheers!

chrisc

Executive Member
I imagine there is a Samsung walk-in centre in Jhb. The Cape Town one is in Century City. Good service but they take their time. Why not call in and ask to speak to a techie and tell him what you need?

rinorobert

Great, I'll take a look for one in the Joburg area, I need this done ASAP as my phone is a tool which is used everyday.

I need a report saying that the phone is dead and not worth fixing... Thats it.

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Great, I'll take a look for one in the Joburg area, I need this done ASAP as my phone is a tool which is used everyday.

I need a report saying that the phone is dead and not worth fixing... Thats it.

If you havent found it yet its in William Nicol Drive, next to Nicolway shopping center