Which laptop brand do you currently use?

Which laptop brand do you currently use?

• Lenovo

Votes: 64 20.3%
  • Dell

Votes: 75 23.8%
  • Apple

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • HP

Votes: 53 16.8%
  • Asus

Votes: 29 9.2%
  • Acer

Votes: 25 7.9%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • MSI

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Mecer

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (please tell us what it is)

Votes: 20 6.3%

• Total voters

Arthur

Honorary Master
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad and Microsoft Surface.

Didn't vote as no multiple selection.

Marius Flash

Expert Member
Dell. Was chosen by my ex wife for a birthday present. Glad she did." Dell Rocks", can't see me buying any other brand quite frankly. I see I Life laptops from China is now on the market, priced well? Anyone know more about this brand?

Craig

Honorary Master
My work computer is an HP laptop, and Laptop at home is a Dell. The Dell we've now had for about 4 years, not a single issue. The HP is barely a month and a bit old so to early to comment on longevity.

Anti-Chris

I bought a secondhand Lenovo T440p (i7 vpro) for R4500 about 2 years ago. Still using it and still very satisfied with it.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
An HP piece of ****. I had no choice in the matter.

I miss my Apple so much and ironically this thing cost the same while lacking in features.

OCP

Expert Member
Company had a combination of Sony/HP and Dell laptops when I joined.
The Sony's laptops were the worst, build quality was shocking and they had to all be replaced within 2 years.
Most of the HP's did not make 3 years without serious failures (mainly screens and overheating) and were replaced within 5 years (we overspec the laptops and try sweat them for 5 years)
No complaints about the Dell laptops other than the stupid dock which takes up far too much desk space (This was prior to the USB-C dock)

Have replaced all laptops with T-series Lenovo's (+1x X1 Carbon) with not a single failure or warranty issue to date, some having already passed the 3 year mark :)

Meraai67

I believe in Toshiba (after 6 years mine is still working perfect) and the after sales service is also the best

Weedfeeder

You can't beat a Macbook Pro for reliability and ease of use. If you are a true professional then you cannot be bothered booting up Windows and dealing with its hassles.

Cius

Executive Member
Dell, and very happy. My work Dell's have been extrodinarly reliable. I also had an Asus followed by an Acer as personal laptops and they gave me huge issues, overheating problems, etc. Eventually replaced with a Dell and never had an issue since. I am fairly loyal to Dell now due to my experience, but would also consider the decent HP range as I hear good things about them too.

lowriderza

Expert Member
Acer. I got it as a gift from a client. Not the brand I would choose because their after sales support was pretty horrendous the last time I had to deal with them. But a sturdy fuss free unit none the less.