WIFI connectivity segregation | Gaming

shakeel123

HI Guys,

I'm having abit of an issue with internet connection speeds perhaps there's a guru out there who can pose a solution.

Ok so the issue is when I'm at home my sibling is on the internet streaming and I'm playing online by them streaming this is causing lag on my side, what can I do to resolve this?

I envision something like this:

70% connectivity to me
and 30% to them for Youtube/Netflix lol.

Can something like this be achieved?

Thanks a Mil

jamacouve

Depends what equipment your'e using but its unlikely that youll solve this easily.

What internet connection do you use ?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
HI Guys,

I'm having abit of an issue with internet connection speeds perhaps there's a guru out there who can pose a solution.

Ok so the issue is when I'm at home my sibling is on the internet streaming and I'm playing online by them streaming this is causing lag on my side, what can I do to resolve this?

I envision something like this:

70% connectivity to me
and 30% to them for Youtube/Netflix lol.

Can something like this be achieved?

Thanks a Mil
Your sibling is going to post a similar problem soon, "he just plays games while my video is buffering. :crying:" lol

OK, I think this will have something to do with your router settings. I forget the term now, but an expert shall soon arrive to assist. :)

PsyWulf

Executive Member
I speed limit my "unapproved" devices to a set % of line speed so they never saturate the line (Mikrotik you can do simple queues)