Windows 11 Support Thread

WalkWithMe

Microsoft potentially creating an exploit nightmare for themselves should they decide to not provide updates to machines that dont meet their minimum hardware requirements.
Imagine 10's of thousands of perfectly capable machines now missing out on essential security patches because microsoft dont think you're worthy.
Gonna get messy!
Feature update vs security update.
!same thing

Went_For_Milk

Expert Member
I am having an issue where my search function inside a folder no longer works. I have re-indexed my files but still same issue

Any idea what it could be

Ivan Leon

Expert Member

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22483 released by Microsoft - Geeky Gadgets​

Microsoft has today announced the availability the new release to the Windows 11 developer channel in the form of the Insider Preview Build 22483, bringing with it general improvements and bug fixes to the Windows 11 operating system.

Microsoft is also tackling a few new issues that have come apparent thanks to Insider feedback.

“We have updated the build expiration for Dev Channel builds to be 9/15/2022. Previous Dev Channel builds from the RS_PRERELEASE branch will expire on 10/31/2021. To avoid hitting this expiration, please be sure to update to the latest Dev Channel build today.”

We have moved the Dev Channel back to receiving builds from our active development branch (RS_PRERELEASE).
These builds are from the earliest stage in a new development cycle with the latest work-in-progress code from our engineers. These aren’t always stable builds, and sometimes you will see issues that block key activities or require workarounds while flighting in the Dev Channel. It is important to make sure you read the known issues listed in our blog posts as we document many of these issues with each flight.”

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
I am having an issue where my search function inside a folder no longer works. I have re-indexed my files but still same issue

Any idea what it could be

i also had that (see post #259)

Luckily mine got fix with a rebuild of the index ....

Did you select "properties and file content" ?
Screenshot_3.jpg

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
wsl2 and wslg (not w11 exclusive) isn't that bad actually. Tried Brave and Teams. I can see this is the ms plan going forward for Android apps on windows.

Brawler

Honorary Master
Some issues so far:
-When waking PC after sleep I often get "PIN unavailable" which is a massive PITA.
-PC feels slow sometimes, so much so that I actually ran a benchmark to check that the hardware is fine (it is). Little things like right clicking on the desktop are not instantaneous. Perhaps its the over the top animations. Feel it all over.
-Related to above, add/remove programs feature is super slow. I need to do this often for work and it used to load apps instantly and I could do what I need to in 5 secs. Now it takes about 5 secs just for the apps to appear.

Pretty crappy considering its a high end machine (hex core i7, 32gb ram, nvme ssd).

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
Some issues so far:
-When waking PC after sleep I often get "PIN unavailable" which is a massive PITA.
-PC feels slow sometimes, so much so that I actually ran a benchmark to check that the hardware is fine (it is). Little things like right clicking on the desktop are not instantaneous. Perhaps its the over the top animations. Feel it all over.
-Related to above, add/remove programs feature is super slow. I need to do this often for work and it used to load apps instantly and I could do what I need to in 5 secs. Now it takes about 5 secs just for the apps to appear.

Pretty crappy considering its a high end machine (hex core i7, 32gb ram, nvme ssd).

Im running 11 on 2 machines ... neither of them have any of those issues .... you might have to investigate if you're the only one ... did you do any research yet?

Brawler

Honorary Master
Im running 11 on 2 machines ... neither of them have any of those issues .... you might have to investigate if you're the only one ... did you do any research yet?
Not yet. I suspect it could be because the PC needs a clean format.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I can definitely recommend a clean install. My update from 10 to 11 was completely buggered. To task bar or start menu.

Dames

Hello! I don't suppose anyone else here is running W11 with an AMD 5700XT GPU? I am at my wit's end - since this morning, my AMD Radeon Drivers keep crashing whenever I do ANYTHING on Windows (i.e. try view the preview HDR in settings, watch Youtube videos on any browser, basically do anything with video). And yet, if I run benchmarking software such as FurMark or OCCT, I can run full 4K resolution stress tests with absolutely no issue... So it definitely seems like the hardware is fine, but somehow something has gone farked with software/drivers overnight as everything was fine yesterday! I did a fresh install of Windows this evening (fully wiped, clean install) and I'm still getting the same problem. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas/suggestions? I've tried rolling back to earlier driver versions with no luck, so I’m wondering if this isn't maybe something funky going on with W11.

Edit: Uploaded some vids to Ufile showing what happens >> https://ufile.io/f/na1yx

Last edited: