Windows 7 Beta Out!!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Sorry for the bump.. can't find the other thread lol

Will windows 7 beta not be available anymore by the end of today? Wasn't it supposed to be two weeks or so for unlimited download? Or will it still be available for awhile?

I am going to download it tomorrow if i can

Thanks

If you don't get it I am sure one of us will mail it to you... But will MS still let you activate it after the cut-off date? I am sure they will, cos otherwise how will people test it on multiple re-installations?

Grouter

Expert Member
Sorry for the bump.. can't find the other thread lol

Will windows 7 beta not be available anymore by the end of today? Wasn't it supposed to be two weeks or so for unlimited download? Or will it still be available for awhile?

I am going to download it tomorrow if i can

Thanks

From the win7 blog at:http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/wi...ailability-for-the-windows-7-beta-to-end.aspx

Because enthusiasm continues to be so high for the Windows 7 Beta and we don’t want anyone to miss out we will keep the Beta downloads open through February 10th. Customers who have started but not completed the download process will be able to do so through February 12th.

The shutdown of general availability for the Windows 7 Beta will occur in 3 phases over the course of the next few weeks:

* Starting January 27th, the Windows 7 page will be updated with a warning that time is running out on downloading the Windows 7 Beta and that we will be limiting downloads shortly. People will be encouraged to register and start the download of the Windows 7 Beta sooner rather than later.
* February 10th, new downloads of the Windows 7 Beta will no longer be available. People who have already started their Windows 7 Beta download and have not yet finished will still be able to finish their download and are encouraged to do so.
* February 12th, people will no longer be able to complete their download of the Windows 7 Beta. Anyone who hasn’t finished downloading the Windows 7 Beta will be unable to do so.

Product keys for the Windows 7 Beta will continue to be available. So if you have the Windows 7 Beta but didn’t get a product key you will be able to do so even after February 12th.

MSDN and TechNet Subscribers will continue to have access to the Windows 7 Beta bits throughout the Windows 7 Beta phase. The above dates do not apply to MSDN and TechNet Subscribers.

Blaze786

Expert Member
Well windows 7 works great, I have found but a few ANNOYING issues. Will try and find a thread where I can rant -.-

I am Penguin

Executive Member
* February 12th, people will no longer be able to complete their download of the Windows 7 Beta. Anyone who hasn’t finished downloading the Windows 7 Beta will be unable to do so.

Product keys for the Windows 7 Beta will continue to be available. So if you have the Windows 7 Beta but didn’t get a product key you will be able to do so even after February 12th.

MSDN and TechNet Subscribers will continue to have access to the Windows 7 Beta bits throughout the Windows 7 Beta phase. The above dates do not apply to MSDN and TechNet Subscribers.

I am somewhat confused
I downloaded the 64bit and 32 bit versions from the local links of the OP succesfully. I am capped so cannot get on international sites. How can we get the 32/64 bit key if I do not subscribe to technet? I found some keys in text via torrent but do not know if they work and for which version.

PS: any one need the iso on disk PM me All I need is an key for 64 and 32 bit :D

Grouter

Expert Member
I am somewhat confused
I downloaded the 64bit and 32 bit versions from the local links of the OP succesfully. I am capped so cannot get on international sites. How can we get the 32/64 bit key if I do not subscribe to technet? I found some keys in text via torrent but do not know if they work and for which version.

PS: any one need the iso on disk PM me All I need is an key for 64 and 32 bit :D

AFAIK, all the keys are in the public domain, and have been posted here at MyBB before. I can't seem to find that post, so here they are again. There are only 5 of each.

32bit:
QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73
GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC
4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH

64bit:
RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH
482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M
JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4
D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9
7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3

I am Penguin

Executive Member
AFAIK, all the keys are in the public domain, and have been posted here at MyBB before. I can't seem to find that post, so here they are again. There are only 5 of each.

32bit:
QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73
GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC
4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH

64bit:
RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH
482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M
JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4
D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9
7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3

Thanks a mill

PseudZ

Expert Member
If you're close to the west coast I can make a copy for you.

I am close to the west coast, but I do have my download started, so i will just leave it running tomorrow and should be done soon enough.

If I do have any problems, ill let you know

PseudZ

Expert Member
I tried starting my download now, as I have unlimited local and download.microsoft is through Akamai so it should work local, but it won't work, i copy the links into flashget but they wont start. Pasting the links into my browser takes me to the landing page.

Anyone have the link that they used which came off local?
Thanks