Votes: 61 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 150 44.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

rambo919

Honorary Master
At this point I will just stick to flugon and if the ailment lasts more than a week start to look for alternatives..... it does not actually target flu but it does boost your immune system enough that you don't have half as bad a case as you ever did in the past..... and if it works for flu it will work for flu alternative (tm) as well.

Prawnapple

Expert Member
My mom has a bottle of this. She and my dad both took some. Said they felt dizzy afterwards lol. Anyway. I'm under 40 so I see no reason to take this.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Hell no. I once took Bob Martins and it did nothing for my hair.
Did wonders for mine so maybe it's personal chemistry. I also used a lotion from the Amazon rain forest called Ervamatin (BTW, no relation to similar sounding Ivermectin) , but know Bob Martin worked due to other areas of hair increases.

Doubt it's related though, just 'cos they're both for dogs.
Or maybe you were joking...

Brian_G

Expert Member
It's almost amazing that that joke was taken so seriously literally for so many years.
And there we have it... it really does work, yet most think it's a joke. How many other "facts" do we all get wrong?

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Would you use Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug only approved in SA to treat animals, for the treatment of Covid-19? Have you already used it? What would make you consider using it? Have you already stockpiled any of it?
Probably not without the additional supplements prescribed even by the few doctors pushing for it's use.
And likely not the stuff made for Animals that are only required to live for as long as it takes to turn them into chops.

Norrad

Expert Member
I will take it under the orders of a doctor.
I have taken it in the past.
It is a schedule 3 drug.
It has been available in the past registered for human consumption.
It is BS that it is not a registered human consumption drug in SA.
Ii is absolutely stupid what SAHPRA. did in this regard.
A local woman was advocating its use on the local newspaper's Facebook group as she was standing up against the vaccines. She managed to get a dose somehow as she is a woman of influence, posted that she was trying it out and shared it with some of her friends with no ill effects, and tons of people were supporting her theory and laying into those of us who were skeptical. Woke up to messages that the town had lost a local legend as she passed away suddenly. Now, I'm not saying that it was ivermectin that had anything to do with her death, but it was a super weird coincidence and I still feel a bit bad for laying into her about her conspiracy theories.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Is there any solid data that it is an effective treatment?
I don't care. If a doctor evaluates the risks and decides it can help then let doctors prescribe it .
What SAHPRA did with their ruling is drive the drug underground opening up a black market trade in drugs that contain Ivermectin which may not be suitable for human consumption.
Instead if they had allowed the normal process to enfold, and not come up this heavy handed BS we may now already know how effective it is.
Thousands of people all over SSA take this drug routinely for parasite control. Those dosages are presumably safe for humans?
The drug has been subjected to trials in the past.
This is just like all the others that have been vilified during this fiasco. Politicians drunk on control have messed in areas they should have left alone and left it in the hands of doctors to decide how to treat Covid 19.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
A local woman was advocating its use on the local newspaper's Facebook group as she was standing up against the vaccines. She managed to get a dose somehow as she is a woman of influence, posted that she was trying it out and shared it with some of her friends with no ill effects, and tons of people were supporting her theory and laying into those of us who were skeptical. Woke up to messages that the town had lost a local legend as she passed away suddenly. Now, I'm not saying that it was ivermectin that had anything to do with her death, but it was a super weird coincidence and I still feel a bit bad for laying into her about her conspiracy theories.
This is where it gets dangerous. By driving it underground these incidents will arise.

There is no evidence available that the drug is a preventative measure. But that does NOT mean it is ineffective as a treatment.

Last edited:

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Just tried to google the studies for this as I cannot see how Ivermectin will have any effect on a virus. Ivermectin works by paralyzing the nervous system of a parasite and so I don't know how that would actually affect a virus. Also Ivermectin seems to only have a half life in the body of 16 hours before being metabolized in the Kidneys.. so not sure of the possibility of how it would control COVID for a long period of time (unless you taking a tablet a day).. still so many questions

I tried to find the study that started all of this and it seems to lead to a study done in India by a company who just did a type of inhouse test on their own doctors, nurses and staff where about 200 of them got the tablet and 100 refused. the study claims that they have not been peer reviewed yet so maybe Dept of health are just being cautious until more research and work has been on done on testing the drug.

I am actually quite interested in knowing how the drug is able to affect the virus if it is true.

Still won't take it though as it information is still up in the air if it actually does work or not, and at what doses it works

rambo919

Honorary Master
lightheadedness is one of the side effects of ivermectin
Well think about it for a bit..... it works against headaches..... probably by reducing the levels of blood in your head or numbing it...... of COURSE it's going to make you light headed.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Well think about it for a bit..... it works against headaches..... probably by reducing the levels of blood in your head or numbing it...... of COURSE it's going to make you light headed.
:unsure:

one of its other side effects is headaches

not sure how you get.."it works against headaches"

Tim_vb

I don't care. If a doctor evaluates the risks and decides it can help then let doctors prescribe it .
What SAHPRA did with their ruling is drive the drug underground opening up a black market trade in drugs that contain Ivermectin which may not be suitable for human consumption.
Instead if they had allowed the normal process to enfold, and not come up this heavy handed BS we may now already know how effective it is.
Thousands of people all over SSA take this drug routinely for parasite control. Those dosages are presumably safe for humans?
The drug has been subjected to trials in the past.
This is just like all the others that have been vilified during this fiasco. Politicians drunk on control have messed in areas they should have left alone and left it in the hands of doctors to decide how to treat Covid 19.
Doctors don't decide if medications are effective, that up to the medical researchers who run trials. This smells of HCQ, bleac, baby shampoo and various other conspiracies type miracle cure

rambo919

Honorary Master
:unsure:

one of its other side effects is headaches

not sure how you get.."it works against headaches"
Only if you don't already have a headache I presume, after all c19 gives you headaches already.... maybe the two bosses fight it out and that causes the dizziness?

I dunno I'm just spitballing here.....

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I'll take any vaccine that is to my benefit.

My concern is this growing narrative that out benevolent ANC, with support from the corporations, will force it onto citizens.