Votes: 61 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 150 44.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

Brian_G

Expert Member
Ivermectin works by paralyzing the nervous system of a parasite and so I don't know how that would actually affect a virus.
Interesting, thanks for this. Have to wonder if the "equivalent" of a nervous system in the virus may be its receptors....... only more spitballing though.

Skimmie

From what i could find, granted this might be all nonsense, it only helps with the reproduction of the COV-19 virus. So the virus's reproduction is slowed. Which in turn i guess reduces the severity.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Of course I would. I have dogs and a kid in Grade R. I can do with a dose of de-wormer and lice killer. If it happens to squash a corona or two, win-win.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Of course I would. I have dogs and a kid in Grade R. I can do with a dose of de-wormer and lice killer. If it happens to squash a corona or two, win-win.
Exactly! So what does this "ban" do? It reduces the choices you have on the market.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Doctors don't decide if medications are effective, that up to the medical researchers who run trials. This smells of HCQ, bleac, baby shampoo and various other conspiracies type miracle cure
Doctors decide on what medication maybe effective for individual patients under their care when treating ailments. They access a list of medications that have been found or have been designed to to treat X . By banning a substance already in the list just because it is not officially registered for ailment X is just blind stupidity!

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Would you use Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug only approved in SA to treat animals, for the treatment of Covid-19? Have you already used it? What would make you consider using it? Have you already stockpiled any of it?
My father-in-law says he's got loads of it on the farm. He uses it on his sheep. When I asked him if he'd take it for Covid-19 he just laughed. I don't think he's that desperate... yet.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
My father-in-law says he's got loads of it on the farm. He uses it on his sheep. When I asked him if he'd take it for Covid-19 he just laughed. I don't think he's that desperate... yet.
Watch the level headed Fokus program on SABC 2 coming on at 10:30 today.
That puts this all into perspective!
Yes, my familie on the farm dose their sheep with a product called Ivomec.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I get lightheaded thinking about my sexy neighbour so what is the big deal with that?
calm down tiger.

he made a statement about his folks, I replied on why it could of happened.

Geez people get sensitive these days

Lucas Buck

Executive Member

Ragnarök

Other than that picture is there any confirmed report that India is using Ivermectin in their treatment of Covid?
I don't know , but the numbers for a population off over a billion , and not really a first world country don't add up

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So did anyone watch the program on SABC 2 a few minutes ago?
No?
Well then leave this thread please because you are not genuinely interested in contributing something useful.