Votes: 61 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 150 44.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

Brian_G

Expert Member
Has anyone else heard of this alternative some are suggesting, including a senior chemist in my wider family circle?

Hopefully not to derail much, just want to make the point that there are a number of suggested drugs out there already.

In this case, I'm wondering if it's similar to Ozone treatment which helps oxygenate the blood and we believe has improved the health of two immediate members of my family.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The big take aways are that Invermectin IS registered for use in SA already for many years under schedule 3. The program even quoted on which page and in the middle of the page you will find it.

Next a doctor can request a chemist to make up a tablet containing Ivermectin according to the dosages registered legally.
There are no existing products containing Ivermectin registered for human use in SA at the moment..
SAHPRA has conceded (I like to believe, forced to by public pressure) to use the section 21 process to evaluate products based on trials and information available from other countries for human use in SA, and that this could happen as soon as the end of January once the information is received.
The other aspect dealt with was some of the myths around Ivermectin for human use relating to side effects . It turns out that there are very few!
The proviso is that it should be prescribed by a doctor.
Many of the side effects listed at the moment are NOT caused by Ivermectin BUT by other ingredients that might be present in products used for vetinarary use.

Last edited:

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
So did anyone watch the program on SABC 2 a few minutes ago?
No?
Well then leave this thread please because you are not genuinely interested in contributing something useful.

are you trying to get me to pay for a license ?

abzob

Honorary Master
So did anyone watch the program on SABC 2 a few minutes ago?
No?
Well then leave this thread please because you are not genuinely interested in contributing something useful.

I don’t know about Ivermectin but you need to take a chill pill.

SHL

Interesting part of a official trial?
Keep us posted please. Are you using it because you have tested positive? If so get well soon.
I was positive in June'20 and recovered.

Not official trial. Taking it as a prophylactic.

Norrad

Expert Member
I've started my course. Will update if any side effects.
Where did you manage to find a course for humans :unsure: The local farmers co-op or veterinary clinic? :ROFL: The conspiracy group here is now searching all over and the co-op up the road has even taken the dip containing it off the shelf.

SHL

Where did you manage to find a course for humans :unsure: The local farmers co-op or veterinary clinic? The conspiracy group here is now searching all over and the co-op up the road has even taken the dip containing it off the shelf
Where did I manage to find it? I know a guy, who knows a guy...:whistling:

There isn't a course for humans. Taking one every week.

Brian_G

Expert Member
@Geoff.D , where did your course come from. Has that source been confiscated / forced to be locked up?

Cavallino

My mom has a bottle of this. She and my dad both took some. Said they felt dizzy afterwards lol. Anyway. I'm under 40 so I see no reason to take this.
Being under 40 is no reason to feel safe....the majority of the patients with Covid during this second wave are in that age group. Due to year end school functions etc. Do not be complacent...this virus does not select on basis of age, colour, or religion. Take care...even if only for others around you.