Xbox Series X / S

N4qeeb

New bundle for 12k including cyberpunk... Literally a week after I bought my SX, nice.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I really want to lose my head when trying to download anything on the Xbox.

Run a speedtest through the Edge browser, get like 600Mbps+. Try to download a game, 30Mbps then 5Mbps then 50Mbps then 500Kbps then 90Mbps and so on. :mad:

I think this is something to do with how Xbox downloads and decompresses at the same time, although I cannot find any info online to confirm this, just everybody complaining about slow downloads.

Mars

Honorary Master
Considering that I do not have a 4k tv, do I really need the x? or would the s be fine?

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member

New bundle for 12k including cyberpunk... Literally a week after I bought my SX, nice.

That is an awesome bundle... but I must resist the temptation to buy it... hoping for a Halo Infinite special edition

Gamos

I really want to lose my head when trying to download anything on the Xbox.

Run a speedtest through the Edge browser, get like 600Mbps+. Try to download a game, 30Mbps then 5Mbps then 50Mbps then 500Kbps then 90Mbps and so on. :mad:

I think this is something to do with how Xbox downloads and decompresses at the same time, although I cannot find any info online to confirm this, just everybody complaining about slow downloads.
I'm not saying it is that, but the consoles have a tendency to prioritize gaming above downloads. I have found that quick-resume titles seems to hold on to that priority, even if I'm in dashboard. Quitting the game brings up my download speeds again.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I'm not saying it is that, but the consoles have a tendency to prioritize gaming above downloads. I have found that quick-resume titles seems to hold on to that priority, even if I'm in dashboard. Quitting the game brings up my download speeds again.
Yes, I've tried all the things - doesn't matter what I do download speeds always suck.

_kabal_

Expert Member
For non series games yes, sadly for series games you need that R4k external.
But you can still store series games on the external

the 4K for that seagate storage is madness though. I assume it has inside the same nvme drive as the internal

Lupus

Honorary Master
But you can still store series games on the external

the 4K for that seagate storage is madness though. I assume it has inside the same nvme drive as the internal
They need to move to your internal to play.