Xbox Series X / S

Not an Issue.

Already paying for PS Plus & (GamePass + Games for Gold) aka Ultimate

All depends on second tier price for PS Plus would be. Not interested in 3rd tier.
They'll price it close to XB GP. Probably R120-170. I don't think they'll go over R199. But you'll have to wait and see what sort of games the service will have. If they want to even begin to compete with XB GP they'll need to have all they're 1st party AAA games available to download and not just stream.

Have you started Halo Infinite yet? I'm jumping in as soon as I finish MCC and Halo 5 campaign. I have a good backlog to work through this holiday
 
They'll price it close to XB GP. Probably R120-170. I don't think they'll go over R199. But you'll have to wait and see what sort of games the service will have. If they want to even begin to compete with XB GP they'll need to have all they're 1st party AAA games available to download and not just stream.

If they wanna compete they have to have the conversion trick ;)
GP Ultimate for R60 PM :D

Have you started Halo Infinite yet? I'm jumping in as soon as I finish MCC and Halo 5 campaign. I have a good backlog to work through this holiday

Nope only planning to play new games when I go on leave next week. Suspect Ghost of Tsushima is up 1st and Valhalla to follow as I will only have full TV access for the 1st 2 weeks, 3rd week I'll have to share so thats when I'll play on PC.
 
The Digitial Foundry YouTube review revealed inferior graphics for Halo Infinite on the Series S compared to the old One X. Meh.

yeah is a bit odd that they aren't using the higher detail textures on that version
 
The Digitial Foundry YouTube review revealed inferior graphics for Halo Infinite on the Series S compared to the old One X. Meh.
Not really inferior, but not quite as good textures in some places as it could be, hopefully a patch would be released.
 
I didn’t even watch this yet and I’m overjoyed !

You are in for a treat, it is amazing, its like you are in The Matrix.

Edit: I will be pre ordering this one, unless its on GamePass, only other games I pre ordered was Halo 3 and Halo Reach
 
Nope only planning to play new games when I go on leave next week. Suspect Ghost of Tsushima is up 1st and Valhalla to follow as I will only have full TV access for the 1st 2 weeks, 3rd week I'll have to share so thats when I'll play on PC.

The missus surprised me with Doom Eternal Deluxe and Evil Within 1 and 2 on BF. I got me Metro Exodus Expansion Pass as well. So I have a big backlog of games to work through this holiday. Off from the 15th.

My current backlog:

Soma
Evil Within 1,2
Mass Effect 2,3 Insanity run (1 complete)
Metro Exodus DLCs
RDR2 100% (Currently 94%)
Doom Eternal
Doom 3 DLC Nightmare run
Bioshock Collection
Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC
Amnesia Collection
Halo MCC Legendary runs

I picked up a 144hz LG UltraGear monitor with Freesync on Evetech last month for an absolute steal when they had the level up sale. (R3100) So I can game at my desk.

Ghost of Tsushima looks really good. I wouldn't mind playing it...
 
yeah is a bit odd that they aren't using the higher detail textures on that version
SS does have a higher texture setting than the One X. With other subtle next gen improvements. But it falls behind on overall resolution. One X hovered around 2160p with dynamic scaling most of the time. SS was locked in at 1080p but with a slightly more stable frame rate. One X does provide a sharper overall image. Typical GPU of the One X vs CPU of the SS. Id still take the SS for overall gameplay. But the SX performance mode is the real deal ;)

I'm impressed how Infinite runs on the old Jaguar chipset on the base Xbox One. They squeezed every last drop of power out of it. It's a very good game engine. Well done 343
 
SS does have a higher texture setting than the One X. With other subtle next gen improvements. But it falls behind on overall resolution. One X hovered around 2160p with dynamic scaling most of the time. SS was locked in at 1080p but with a slightly more stable frame rate. One X does provide a sharper overall image. Typical GPU of the One X vs CPU of the SS. Id still take the SS for overall gameplay. But the SX performance mode is the real deal ;)

I'm impressed how Infinite runs on the old Jaguar chipset on the base Xbox One. They squeezed every last drop of power out of it. It's a very good game engine. Well done 343
Well the SS was always built as a 1440p machine. So it would be unfair to expect anything close to 4k.

The 1X was marketed as a 4k machine, but obviously falls behind on CPU. This was evident with the frame jitter...
 
I think that games coming out towards the end of next year will start to drop support for last gen and that is when this gen is going to start to shine

That is a give
That normal dev time = 2-4 years for a game so should start seeing Nex gen "targeted for" games instead of the "adapted for" we have now, by that time.

Might also help that more people would be able to get their hands on new systems with current shortage and all.
 
If anyone missed the BF deals. Currently through Avo

View attachment 1209022
I have nothing but complaints when it comes to Avo. They were selling the Series X for a grand less in December last year. I signed up, kept having issues. I complained to their support team and they said I must go to a Nedbank branch to get RICA'd or something (I forget what it's called - but they took all my details, fingerprints, etc). After that painful hour I tried again and got denied. I ended up buying through Takealot.

Kak bank, kak shop. 0/10.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X