Xbox Series X / S

hello all

so game pass is expiring in 5 days

i know i have to wait about a day or 2 or is it longer?

is there any other checks i need to do as im buying 3 years of XBL
 
hello all

so game pass is expiring in 5 days

i know i have to wait about a day or 2 or is it longer?

is there any other checks i need to do as im buying 3 years of XBL

Just make sure your recurring billing is off at all times even when you load the cards don't accept "Recurring billing"

You can load/start the day after you sub finished.
 
Just make sure your recurring billing is off at all times even when you load the cards don't accept "Recurring billing"

You can load/start the day after you sub finished.
To add to this, once you do the conversion, recurring billing will be turned on automatically again. Turn it off again...
 
Just a quick one.

Is it worth it to get the S or I should stretch my budget to get the X?

I don't intend on buying any physical discs since I will be getting the game pass and I have a 25/25 fibre line.
 
Just a quick one.

Is it worth it to get the S or I should stretch my budget to get the X?

I don't intend on buying any physical discs since I will be getting the game pass and I have a 25/25 fibre line.
Whatever your budget allows for.

I would say go for the X and not have to worry about whether you're getting the best console version of a game...
 
Last edited:
Just a quick one.

Is it worth it to get the S or I should stretch my budget to get the X?

I don't intend on buying any physical discs since I will be getting the game pass and I have a 25/25 fibre line.

I second @Mike Hoxbig suggestion. Go for X unless you have budget restraints.

I did go for the Series S but that was only so I could get both Xbox Series S and a PS5 Digital Edition (ie: Budget restraints). Personally I have no regret on my choice. The Series S is a great little power horse and is more than capable of pulling its weight as The latest Matrix Demo showed.

and now! Back to Valhalla on the S....
 
Just a quick one.

Is it worth it to get the S or I should stretch my budget to get the X?

I don't intend on buying any physical discs since I will be getting the game pass and I have a 25/25 fibre line.
Assuming you have a 4K TV then Series X gives you the best experience. But I've played on a Series S which is 1080p and I have to say it looks amazing as well. If you are ONLY intending to play Game Pass games, I think a Series S is very passable, but ja if you have 4K screen and can handle the cost differential, then Series X is really awesome.
 
Assuming you have a 4K TV then Series X gives you the best experience. But I've played on a Series S which is 1080p and I have to say it looks amazing as well. If you are ONLY intending to play Game Pass games, I think a Series S is very passable, but ja if you have 4K screen and can handle the cost differential, then Series X is really awesome.
I've gone from a One to an S to an X to a Series X. The One S used to upscale to 4K so it looked better, but the jump to One X was like wow, but the initial jump to Series X wasn't that big at first.
Now on the other hand with more and more games getting enhanced wow.
 
I've gone from a One to an S to an X to a Series X. The One S used to upscale to 4K so it looked better, but the jump to One X was like wow, but the initial jump to Series X wasn't that big at first.
Now on the other hand with more and more games getting enhanced wow.
Also worth considering is the fact that when playing older games, the Series S will play the base One version of the game, whereas the Series X will play the One X Enhanced version, if there is one.

The additional 512GB of fast SSD storage in the Series X is also almost worth the price difference.
 
Also worth considering is the fact that when playing older games, the Series S will play the base One version of the game, whereas the Series X will play the One X Enhanced version, if there is one.

The additional 512GB of fast SSD storage in the Series X is also almost worth the price difference.
It really is worth the price difference, plus so far the only game that doesn't seem to use the Xbox one X version is Diablo 3
 
Just make sure your recurring billing is off at all times even when you load the cards don't accept "Recurring billing"

You can load/start the day after you sub finished.

R1950 for the next 3 years

money well spent

1640594057705.png

price on egifts is gone up but egifts and bt games still the cheapest at R599
 
I have a code for 14 days of XBOX Game Pass Ultimate if anyone is keen. It won't work for existing Gamepass subscribers (me) so I have no use for it. It came with the new pulse red controller I recently acquired :D
 

Available-Today_Coming-Soon_1.4.2022.jpg


Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Console and PC) EA Play – January 6
<-- say what?
so glad I did not buy this on xmas sale then
 
Haha too true.

game4u.co.za has stock - so I bought a bundle for R13499 (will just sell the games if possible). Waiting for my mail to advise when I can collect in store (stock ex JHB --> CPT).

Also just signed up for Xbox Ultimate Game Pass (there's a nice hack atm to get it cheap):

1.) Create MS account on the Xbox site (https://www.xbox.com/en-za/)

2.) Go to Kodoo and grab 3x 12 month Xbox Gold annual vouchers (https://koodoo.co.za/collections/vo...t-xbox-12-month-live-gold-esd-za-digital-code)

3.) Head to https://redeem.microsoft.com/ and redeem the voucher codes purchased above
(for 36 months of gold).

4.) Head over to the Xbox Ultimate Game pass page - and sign up for the R15.90 Xbox Ultimate Game Pass trial (https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0KHS0/0007)

5.) This will convert all your Gold months --> Xbox Ultimate Game Pass months

This equates to 3 years of Xbox Ultimate Game Pass for R49.91 per month - which is well well worth it - given the game library. Far cheaper than the R149 per month (still well worth it) at the current monthly rate.

--

Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Game Pass for PC time into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months. All conversions are final. See xbox.com/gamepass for details.



--
Thank you.
I think I can confirm that this still works.

xbox.jpg
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X