Xbox Series X / S

Cool, Not included into GamePass cool but still not bad, wonder why no mention of Sony... you think Microsoft paid for exclusivity?

I think this comms was a bit of a fail because the Ubisoft twitter account specifically interacted with the Xbox GamePass account to hint that something was coming (as opposed to the Xbox account). So many people like me, assumed Ubisoft was bringing some kind of decent library to GamePass - not another subscription. I'm not sure how many GamePass subscribers will have the appetite for an extra sub/another transaction to play Ubi games. I'm already time constrained for gaming so it was a bit of an anticlimax tbh. Maybe Extraction will be good though.
 
I'm at my wits end here with an issue, maybe someone here can help me as I can't get through to Xbox/Microsoft support - even their call me back feature just disconnects randomly.

1) I've had a personal Microsoft account for many years, basically for using Skype back in the day.
2) A few months ago a created Xbox profile as well, and bought the 1 month Gamepass thingie to see if my computer can run Flight Simulator - it couldn't. I suspect this Gamepass subscription was a US one which I paid for instead of a ZA one somehow
3) I now actually own an Xbox and bought 3x12 month Xbox live vouchers and loaded it to my account - which again I suspect was a US account it seems.
4) Next step is to pay for one month Gamepass again (which I will need to do at full price as I already used the 1 month discounted price - but that's fine). However, when trying to do that I get this error:

Change your Microsoft Store region​

You currently have a subscription from a different region. If it still doesn't work, please contact customer support.

5) I see you do have the option to move between regions once every 3 months, however when trying to do this I get this error:

There’s a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will work for you and try again later.


Edit: Finally managed to get an online chat going with a Support agent who moved my subscription from US to ZA. All good now.
 
Last edited:

039e31b531b78ce822ccb91ac8974b68bef34ce7_2_690x388.jpeg


Holy cow.
 
Deal not through yet, told him he can buy my S for R5500.

My plan if he does do that is to upgrade to an X. <evil grin>
If you can find one though? I mean they've been pretty scarce, seen a few 2nd hand.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X