Lupus
Honorary Master
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2006
- Messages
- 91,768
- Reaction score
- 62,331
Wasn't always the case thoughThat's because cloud saves are free on even base Xbox Live accounts, unlike a certain other ecosystem...
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Wasn't always the case thoughThat's because cloud saves are free on even base Xbox Live accounts, unlike a certain other ecosystem...
Yup moved from my original one to the S, to the X and then to the Series X. In fact from the X to the series X felt a bit disappointing at first, as Diablo 3 was not enhanced on the Series X, still don't think it is.Must admit, was not expecting the move to be so fast & fluid.
Seeing that Series S did not have a lot of space I had most of my games on USB so coping the remainder was quick:
Plugged 4TB USB into Series X
Fired it up and logged in via Phone.
It did an update, rebooted and that was it.
Same interface/theme and all my games ready to go, bar the Series X/S ones that I obviously have to move back onto the device but I fired up one of my XBone games and my progress was right where I last played on the S.
Resetting the Series S for drop-off tomorrow. I can like to be a happy camper.
So how is the Series X vs your SHave PS Plus & GamePass ultimate so not a cost issue
More like seamless, ie: you dont have to move em manually.
So how is the Series X vs your S![]()
Yeah Grid is not the best to compare, take a look at things like Gears 5 or Forza 5. Forza 4 I didn't really see much difference from the One X to the Series X though it supposedly ran at 60fps on the Series X.The little XP I had with it, not bad.
On previous gen games its basically the same thing in a bigger box. Played some Grid last night just to check and it looked about the same to me even with it being 4K XBOne X enhanced.
Obviously will only see if it is really worth the extra R6000 when I get to newer/current games.
One thing I can say for certain, it def uses more Eskom juice that the Series S.
Yeah Grid is not the best to compare, take a look at things like Gears 5 or Forza 5. Forza 4 I didn't really see much difference from the One X to the Series X though it supposedly ran at 60fps on the Series X.
That it would've yeah.One thing the comparison have given me thus far it that the Series S is actually not that bad a box for its size. In fact I think the only thing Microsoft did wrong with it is limit its size in both storage and RAM.
Should have upped the Ram so that it could use One X enhanced games and use 1TB SSD for storage. If they did that it would have been a killer gaming box.
Would have killed the Series X sales so I guess there is a reason they did not.
One thing the comparison have given me thus far it that the Series S is actually not that bad a box for its size. In fact I think the only thing Microsoft did wrong with it is limit its size in both storage and RAM.
Should have upped the Ram so that it could use One X enhanced games and use 1TB SSD for storage. If they did that it would have been a killer gaming box.
Would have killed the Series X sales so I guess there is a reason they did not.
In some ways I tend to agree...
If the S had been on a par with the One X in terms of power it would almost be a no-brainer upgrade to get some of the newer features... but it would have seriously eroded the Series X's sales so yeah can understand why they didn't do that, even though I'm not keen on spending R12k on a new console![]()
Its not really lacking in power as it targets 1440p vs 4K (Less need to draw)
From all the articles I saw the problem is the 10gig vs 12gig used for streaming textures and such.
Pretty much every area. But the S does have a better CPU and does ray tracing...Maybe lacking in power is the wrong terminology...
Its a great console, just that the One X does pip it in some areas (at least from a perception point of view)
The One X pips it in 4k resolution and 1080p 60fps. The Series S is 1440p and 60fps where it can and around 1080 120 fps where it can.Maybe lacking in power is the wrong terminology...
Its a great console, just that the One X does pip it in some areas (at least from a perception point of view)
View attachment 1230336
So, my Game Pass is expiring and I want to use the trick to get another 3 years.
Do I have to wait a day or so after it expires or can I just go and buy 3 years worth of XBox Live Gold and then sign up to Game Pass Ultimate again.
Where's the best place to buy that from these days?
Thank you!Wait till expire else you gonna lose big time.
My brother bought from Egift24 for R599 , donno if you can find any better.
![]()
Xbox Live Gold Membership (Digital/Email Delivery)
Buy Xbox Live Gold Memberships online in South Africa. Xbox Live Gold is your ticket to the most exciting social entertainment network in the world.www.egifts24.co.za