Xbox Series X / S

Been playing a lot of online shooters at 120 FPS for a few months.

Yesterday there was a sync issue between my Xbox and TV that I didn't pick up, and there was no notification.

Started playing and was wondering why everything seemed so choppy, why I couldn't aim for schit and why I was dying so much. Went into the game settings and lo and behold it was running at 60 FPS.

Anyway the point being that when you go from 60 to 120 it's not that noticeable. But once you get used to 120, dropping back down to 60 is immediately noticeable...
damn rich people
 
Good morning. I am planning to get a Series S this weekend. Will any 3.0 HDD work to store games? I'm using Rain and would rather wait hours to transfer the files than days to download again.
 
Good morning. I am planning to get a Series S this weekend. Will any 3.0 HDD work to store games? I'm using Rain and would rather wait hours to transfer the files than days to download again.
Yes but only 360 or One games, Series S/X enhanced games will only install on the new storage.
 
Good morning. I am planning to get a Series S this weekend. Will any 3.0 HDD work to store games? I'm using Rain and would rather wait hours to transfer the files than days to download again.

You can only Install Series S/X games onto internal drive, but once installed you can move them to any external for storage. You will have to move them back onto internal in order to play.

You can install and play Xbox, 360 and XB One games via external.

That said, unless you a casual gamer or using Xbox as a secondary console I would highly recommend going for Series X instead, its worth the extra $$. Had a Series S since launch and upgraded to X just this month cause of Matrix demo and what future games will look like on S vs X.
 
You can only Install Series S/X games onto internal drive, but once installed you can move them to any external for storage. You will have to move them back onto internal in order to play.

You can install and play Xbox, 360 and XB One games via external.

That said, unless you a casual gamer or using Xbox as a secondary console I would highly recommend going for Series X instead, its worth the extra $$. Had a Series S since launch and upgraded to X just this month cause of Matrix demo and what future games will look like on S vs X.
Casual for now but GamePass might change that. If I do get an X later, I'll give the S to my nephew. He is still in high school so it will be a while before he can buy his own.
 
You can only Install Series S/X games onto internal drive, but once installed you can move them to any external for storage. You will have to move them back onto internal in order to play.

You can install and play Xbox, 360 and XB One games via external.

That said, unless you a casual gamer or using Xbox as a secondary console I would highly recommend going for Series X instead, its worth the extra $$. Had a Series S since launch and upgraded to X just this month cause of Matrix demo and what future games will look like on S vs X.
Welcome to the world of the X.
 
The 8pm one is so annoying. Haven't gamed all week, thought I would do so tonight and then bam, Eskom stabs me in the back.
Yeah it does suck :-( any of them from 4pm suck for me :-(. Though I do have inverters
 
Yeah it does suck :-( any of them from 4pm suck for me :-(. Though I do have inverters

Well the 4PM - 6PM slot means I am really gonna test my new LiFePO4's as I will be able to fire up the PS3 or Series S in the bedroom instead of sharing the TV in the lounge.

Something I did not even dare when we had LA's
 
Well the 4PM - 6PM slot means I am really gonna test my new LiFePO4's as I will be able to fire up the PS3 or Series S in the bedroom instead of sharing the TV in the lounge.

Something I did not even dare when we had LA's
You're going to run both at the same time hmmm
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X