Xbox Series X / S

You're going to run both at the same time hmmm

58" TV + PS5 or Series X = 320W
40" TV + Series S = 220W
Next slot 12 hours out, so should be doable.

Beside what better way to see if Lithium was worth it... not set in stone so will see.

Edit:
Need 1350WH (Usage 540W*2.5 hours)
Got 2400WH (24V100AH)
 
Last edited:
58" TV + PS5 or Series X = 320W
40" TV + Series S = 220W
Next slot 12 hours out, so should be doable.

Beside what better way to see if Lithium was worth it... not set in stone so will see.

Edit:
Need 1350WH (Usage 540W*2.5 hours)
Got 2400WH (24V100AH)
That seems really high for a 40" TV and a series S, I can get my Xbox One X and 58" down to 180W. My 65", soundbar and series X I can get to 350w. That is the bedroom with the One X.
Screenshot_20220202_162808_com.coolkit.jpg
 
Series S and Gamepass impressed me so much I've upgraded to a Series X, going to appreciate the extra capacity.

I will miss the Series S' enormous energy efficiency, it's pretty crazy that it runs games in sometimes 4k/1440p and draws the same power as a PS3 slim.
 
I want to flip it over to that mode to conserve power when running off battery etc. I'm sure they could develop something like that. Like stepping down in resolution / fps etc.
I set my TV to eco local dimming and it d goes from 400w to 220w, but yeah would be cool, the problem is it would drop resolution and stuff.
 
So, bit of a conundrum.

Need to replace my aging mediabox (generic Android) in the TV room that's connected to a 1080p capable ceiling mounted projector - DSTV Now, Netflix, YouTube and Plex.

Considering a Series S as the replacement 'cos then I'll have Gaming as an additional option in there (my son has a Series X and I game on my PC (we share a GP sub).

Thoughts?
 
So, bit of a conundrum.

Need to replace my aging mediabox (generic Android) in the TV room that's connected to a 1080p capable ceiling mounted projector - DSTV Now, Netflix, YouTube and Plex.

Considering a Series S as the replacement 'cos then I'll have Gaming as an additional option in there (my son has a Series X and I game on my PC (we share a GP sub).

Thoughts?

Depends on the source?

I have a Synology NAS that use NFS share + Kodi and Watchedlist add-on to sync watched DB between my PC and Console. Netflix and Youtube app's are solid and the Edge explorer is capable of streaming almost anything Chrome can.

Mrs was happy using Xbox with the All for One, till I picked up the PS5's media remote for the PS. Trying to source the PDP Talon to even the odds again as Kodi is not supported by Sony and I kinda hate Plex.
 
Last edited:
Depends on the source?

I have a Synology NAS that use NFS share + Kodi and Watchedlist add-on to sync watched DB between my PC and Console. Netflix and Youtube app's are solid and the Edge explorer is capable of streaming almost anything Chrome can.

Mrs was happy using Xbox with the All for One, till I picked up the PS5's media remote for the PS. Trying to source the PDP Talon to even the odds again as Kodi is not supported by Sony and I kinda hate Plex.
Thanks.

My plex is hosted on a Synology - this is one of those 'want' not 'need' situations.....
 
Thanks.

My plex is hosted on a Synology - this is one of those 'want' not 'need' situations.....

Plex works on Xbox, well the bit I played with it.

Just hate the transcode issues I seem to have with Plex from time to time on some media esp on PS5. Kodi just works on the systems that support it, even for 4K content.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X