Xbox Series X / S

Nope, should have bought one last year when they where one Takealot, no idea why I didnt pull the trigger when I had the chance.

Mrs still using the PS5 :(
Was actually eyeing this one today but donno how well it works.
I just noticed that's on special for R299 so pulled the trigger - will give feedback on how it performs.

Nice thing with Takealot is if it doesn't work out I'll just return it
 
I just noticed that's on special for R299 so pulled the trigger - will give feedback on how it performs.

Nice thing with Takealot is if it doesn't work out I'll just return it
Well, here I am quoting my own post.

It works just fine for basic functions - no line of sight needed, signal happily bouncing off the wall with no discernible lag. Opened app, press play and voila!

Now for the bad news...it's going to have to go back - there is no 'back' button which means that it's impossible to navigate your way around your media apps eg open Spotify, start playing a playlist and there is no way to get back to the Spotify start screen - you can get to the Xbox Home screen but that doesn't help since clicking on Spotify takes you straight back to where you were.

So it's back to the drawing board.

Edit: so reluctant to order from overseas because of the time lag and the hassle of returning if it doesn't meet expectations

Oh, and the PDP is now out of stock on Amazon....blech
 
Last edited:
erm

Well, here I am quoting my own post.

It works just fine for basic functions - no line of sight needed, signal happily bouncing off the wall with no discernible lag. Opened app, press play and voila!

Now for the bad news...it's going to have to go back - there is no 'back' button which means that it's impossible to navigate your way around your media apps eg open Spotify, start playing a playlist and there is no way to get back to the Spotify start screen - you can get to the Xbox Home screen but that doesn't help since clicking on Spotify takes you straight back to where you were.

So it's back to the drawing board.

Oh, and the PDP is now out of stock on Amazon....blech
you missed?
I had that one, returned it no back button, the AIO I got instead much better.
 
erm


you missed?
I didn't but thought "how bad could it be"...

well, I'm feeling a right tit now!!!

Might visit Builders in the morning to snag that AIO - it's me and the kids who will use not the missus so not bothered if there's 'too many buttons'

@Lupus did you 'program' the XYAB buttons or do they work off the bat on the colour keys? Also which buttons on the controller are you unable to 'map' to the AIO
 
I didn't but thought "how bad could it be"...

well, I'm feeling a right tit now!!!

Might visit Builders in the morning to snag that AIO - it's me and the kids who will use not the missus so not bothered if there's 'too many buttons'

@Lupus did you 'program' the XYAB buttons or do they work off the bat on the colour keys? Also which buttons on the controller are you unable to 'map' to the AIO
I just used the Xbox code and it worked. Never programmed anything the back is a button much like on a smart TV remote. Pause and everything else seems to just work.
Oh and not having a back button is awful :)
 
Bloody hell! Who knew that AIO would be so hard to get hold of.


Builders online stock system on par with other SA brick and mortar stores - kuk!

None available in WC although various stores show stock as available.

Eish
 
So just did a bit of digging, the timer for CP2077 only kicks in when you launch the game for the first time...

So 5 hours of my weekend is pretty much catered for now :D
And how did it go?
I've done about four hours today (had to stop as i promised the kids some game time on their Series S this afternoon, lol).

Enjoyed it. Had to use headphones and turn tv volume down due to some colourful language, hehe. Graphics looks amazing. Currently the best looking game for me on SS. I am tempted to fork out the R499....
 
And how did it go?
I've done about four hours today (had to stop as i promised the kids some game time on their Series S this afternoon, lol).

Enjoyed it. Had to use headphones and turn tv volume down due to some colourful language, hehe. Graphics looks amazing. Currently the best looking game for me on SS. I am tempted to fork out the R499....
The TV speakers should turn off when you plug the headphones into the remote?
 
And how did it go?
I've done about four hours today (had to stop as i promised the kids some game time on their Series S this afternoon, lol).

Enjoyed it. Had to use headphones and turn tv volume down due to some colourful language, hehe. Graphics looks amazing. Currently the best looking game for me on SS. I am tempted to fork out the R499....

So far so good...

Did about 2 hours or so... Bit frustrating playing on the controller, but something to get used to.

Very much doubt I'd pay actual cash for the game, but if it did appear on Game Pass at some point I'd definitely play it.
 
So far so good...

Did about 2 hours or so... Bit frustrating playing on the controller, but something to get used to.

Very much doubt I'd pay actual cash for the game, but if it did appear on Game Pass at some point I'd definitely play it.
Yeah I struggled with the shooting parts. Control not as smooth as other games on XB controller. Changed the settings a few times with not much luck. The control of the driving sections however felt better.
 
Yeah I struggled with the shooting parts. Control not as smooth as other games on XB controller. Changed the settings a few times with not much luck. The control of the driving sections however felt better.

I will happily put my hand up and say that part I struggled with the most was just changing out the weapons, and it initially was enough for me to put things down for a little while...

I shall return to the game this weekend now that I know how to sort it out and have decent weapons for the shooting parts.

But yeah, the control in the shooting parts is also just a bit iffy... almost as if they've done nothing for controllers and left the mouse control model in place.
 
I will happily put my hand up and say that part I struggled with the most was just changing out the weapons, and it initially was enough for me to put things down for a little while...

I shall return to the game this weekend now that I know how to sort it out and have decent weapons for the shooting parts.

But yeah, the control in the shooting parts is also just a bit iffy... almost as if they've done nothing for controllers and left the mouse control model in place.
Are you guys ex-keyboard players? Cause generally I notice this complaint from non-console players. I've been playing on consoles for so long that a keyboard and mouse feel foreign.
 
Are you guys ex-keyboard players? Cause generally I notice this complaint from non-console players. I've been playing on consoles for so long that a keyboard and mouse feel foreign.

It's hard for us KB-M players - I'm playing God of War and there are some parts (Bell ringing puzzles) that I simply cannot complete with the controller - it's a doddle using the mouse. Using the joystick to aim with is just so imprecise and slow.

I'm forcing myself to transition though since a controller is much more convenient and doesn't tax my wrists.
 
It's hard for us KB-M players - I'm playing God of War and there are some parts (Bell ringing puzzles) that I simply cannot complete with the controller - it's a doddle using the mouse. Using the joystick to aim with is just so imprecise and slow.
:-P you'll adjust.
 
Are you guys ex-keyboard players? Cause generally I notice this complaint from non-console players. I've been playing on consoles for so long that a keyboard and mouse feel foreign.

I'm an ex-keyboard player from donkey's years ago... plus I'm a mouse warrior in my day job, I click lots of things and shyte happens :p

I know I'll adjust, but also "shooting" games were never my forte, even with a mouse. I'm a Strategy kind of guy more than anything else.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X