Xbox Series X / S

Well, my Series S arrived and I've set it all up - what an absolute pleasure via the XBox App - click, click, click, join wifi, update, click, cluck, update controller FW- Voila - done!

All the Media apps were presented to me - DSTV, Neflix, Plex, YouTube, Twitch - click, click, click, click - downloading - done.

Looks good - everything working

@AlphaJohn did you manage to secure a PDP? I ordered one via a UK site but it doesn't look very hopeful - sitting in 'pending' and giving me a 15-90 day delivery date...
 
@AlphaJohn did you manage to secure a PDP? I ordered one via a UK site but it doesn't look very hopeful - sitting in 'pending' and giving me a 15-90 day delivery date...

Nope, should have bought one last year when they where one Takealot, no idea why I didnt pull the trigger when I had the chance.

Mrs still using the PS5 :(
Was actually eyeing this one today but donno how well it works.
 
Nope, should have bought one last year when they where one Takealot, no idea why I didnt pull the trigger when I had the chance.

Mrs still using the PS5 :(
Was actually eyeing this one today but donno how well it works.
Just cancelled the order on the UK site 'cos I see it's available on Amazon.com

Amazon estimated cost to my door (March 22) - R458.00 - pulled the trigger :)

Edit: Bah! Just checked now and this remote requires line of sight - that's not going to work for my layout so cancelled the order. :thumbsdown:
 
Last edited:
Well, my Series S arrived and I've set it all up - what an absolute pleasure via the XBox App - click, click, click, join wifi, update, click, cluck, update controller FW- Voila - done!

All the Media apps were presented to me - DSTV, Neflix, Plex, YouTube, Twitch - click, click, click, click - downloading - done.

Looks good - everything working

@AlphaJohn did you manage to secure a PDP? I ordered one via a UK site but it doesn't look very hopeful - sitting in 'pending' and giving me a 15-90 day delivery date...

im going to collect mine later

how does xbox game pass sharing work

the old xbox will stay in the kids room and the new s in the lounge

do i log out there and log into the S ..and then how do i share accounts or games for the kids when they use the older xbox
 
im going to collect mine later

how does xbox game pass sharing work

the old xbox will stay in the kids room and the new s in the lounge

do i log out there and log into the S ..and then how do i share accounts or games for the kids when they use the older xbox

Anyone on Home machine can play games that was installed on it using a GP logon. Account does not have to be active
You can then log into another console with said GP logon and install/play games on it.
 
Anyone on Home machine can play games that was installed on it using with a GP logon. Account does not have to be active
You can the log into another console with said GP logon and install/play games on it.

so i can logon to the s and set as home

logon to the older one after and the games will work

cause all my games are on the older console
 
another quick one ...i read that games installed on a ext hdd wont be able to be played if its enhanced

so if an older xb1 game and its on the hdd will it still work on the new x and S ?

the new x and s you can store on the hdd but play off internal hdd
 
Nope, should have bought one last year when they where one Takealot, no idea why I didnt pull the trigger when I had the chance.

Mrs still using the PS5 :(
Was actually eyeing this one today but donno how well it works.
I had that one, returned it no back button, the AIO I got instead much better.
 
another quick one ...i read that games installed on a ext hdd wont be able to be played if its enhanced

so if an older xb1 game and its on the hdd will it still work on the new x and S ?

the new x and s you can store on the hdd but play off internal hdd
Yes, only enhanced games need to be on SSD.
 
Same one as XBone. Also currently using it. But want something simpler like pdp for da Mrs's
View attachment 1245616

Where are you located? Do you want to do a 'bulk' order on the PDP from Amazon to save on shipping costs (it's on special for $14.99 at the moment)?

I've decided that PDP looks so nice that even if I need to add an IR repeater into the mix I'll do so.
 
Where are you located? Do you want to do a 'bulk' order on the PDP from Amazon to save on shipping costs (it's on special for $14.99 at the moment)?

I've decided that PDP looks so nice that even if I need to add an IR repeater into the mix I'll do so.

The Xbox IR is in the power button So no need for a repeater?

Would love to get one now but recently bought LiFePO4 battery + solar panels so bank manager looking at me funny :D

Maybe someone else here might like to join you?
 
The Xbox IR is in the power button So no need for a repeater?

Would love to get one now but recently bought LiFePO4 battery + solar panels so bank manager looking at me funny :D

Maybe someone else here might like to join you?
The only thing is that I have seen some people on Amazon complaining about poor IR response
 
The only thing is that I have seen some people on Amazon complaining about poor IR response

Dont do that :(
Now I am hesitant as well.

Here I must say I love the official PS5 Media remote. Its Bluetooth so works even with my PS5 behind the TV.

All in One IR is working 100% for me, just have to remember to switch between TV/Xbox & Sound. I ignore the extra bloat, but think Mrs is getting old.... too many buttons :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X