Xbox Series X / S

GN9B9DPXAAAqgZZ


Tomorrow!! Hope it's as good as we expect.
 
Dammit I haven't finished the first game again like I had hoped and I'm not sure I can hold out.
Bro!! You didn't meet
HELA
.It's a gorgeous, sad, brutal, fitting end to the 1st game.
 
Bro!! You didn't meet
HELA
.It's a gorgeous, sad, brutal, fitting end to the 1st game.

Oh no I've played it before, it's one of my all time best games.

I was just playing it again as a prep for the second game as it's been a while.
 
I see immortals of Aveum had an update which bring FSR 3 frame generation, tested it on my OLED.

Frame rate stays steady at 60fps where before it would dip into the low 40s in heavy action scenes but the VRR helped so didn't really notice it.

But it seems to work though

Is this the first game with FSR 3, unsure
 
Any thoughts on Senua's Saga: Hellblade II?

I started playing over the weekend and been hooked since, I'm about halfway through the story and man, the graphics and realism is mind blowing. Ninja Theory really did their big one with showing how good Unreal engine 5 is. This game has been the most cinematic one I've ever played, however the combat can sometimes be a little slow imo. But great game so far and would highly recommend. (I'm playing on Xbox Series S).

I never played the first one, might go back in play that one after I finish this.
 
Hellblade II is the most incredible thing I've ever seen and then right behind that the most incredible thing I've ever heard as well.

A number of times last night I thought I was in an cinematic sequence only to realise I need to interact, but because the audio doesn't stop you don't realise there's a pause in activity and due to the visuals being so crazy you kind of just sit there watching.

But much like the first game it is so visceral in nature and context that I could only do about an hour before I had to go watch some cute kittens on Youtube just to decompress.

Absolutely must play with headphones, the five minutes I tried without them even with my Dolby Atmos setup simply loses all the soul of the game, the audio is such a emotive part of the experience.
 
I am going to speak for what appears to be the minority.

I didn't enjoy the first hell blade at all. Bought it on steam when it was on special years ago. Played a big chunk of it. Had enough of the dull gameplay and sometimes frustrating puzzles.

Got my Xbox and gamepass and heard that the second one was being developed, so I started again. It felt like a tedious walking simulator, and walking simulators are my jam.

When people praised the first game as the best thing since sliced bread, I always think to myself "wtf, what am I missing".

Let's be honest here. It had good audio design, and it was a tech demo for faces. They really milked the face stuff because almost every demo or showcase had Melina (the senua chick) doing some form of facial expression tech demo. Even for the second game.

That is simply not enough to make a game.

When I sub to gamepass again (waiting for Indiana yo), I will give it a go, because digital foundry had lots of praise for it looks wise.

But yeah, that first game was bad. And I will stand on that hill alone LOL. And I will go into the second game with VERY low expectations.
 
Hellblade II is the most incredible thing I've ever seen and then right behind that the most incredible thing I've ever heard as well.

A number of times last night I thought I was in an cinematic sequence only to realise I need to interact, but because the audio doesn't stop you don't realise there's a pause in activity and due to the visuals being so crazy you kind of just sit there watching.

But much like the first game it is so visceral in nature and context that I could only do about an hour before I had to go watch some cute kittens on Youtube just to decompress.

Absolutely must play with headphones, the five minutes I tried without them even with my Dolby Atmos setup simply loses all the soul of the game, the audio is such a emotive part of the experience.
That's UE5 for you. I really wish we didn't have to wait so long for more.

That Matrix tech demo years ago had me excited, and fizzled out to nothing. We're only now starting to see some UE5 games, when this gen is closer to the end than the beginning...
 
That's UE5 for you. I really wish we didn't have to wait so long for more.

That Matrix tech demo years ago had me excited, and fizzled out to nothing. We're only now starting to see some UE5 games, when this gen is closer to the end than the beginning...

100%.

But it’s also just the way this game is presented.

There’s no GUI, there’s no tutorial and no loading screens. Everything is an audio queue from the voices in your head and how they dynamically adapt to your actions is actually pretty insane.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X