Your Raspberry Pi Projects

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Did you design the board? Are you an electronics boff?
I designed the board in KiCad. Kinda of a boff but have forgotten a lot :( I studied electronics many years ago and used to work for a electronics company. Then moved into IT. Have started tinkering again to get back into it.

AdrianH

Expert Member
I designed the board in KiCad. Kinda of a boff but have forgotten a lot :( I studied electronics many years ago and used to work for a electronics company. Then moved into IT. Have started tinkering again to get back into it.
Thats cool

I am a software dev for 20 years now. Recently started getting into RPi and Golang and hooking up temp sensors and stuff. Unfortunately I am not very clued up on electronics, so I learn as I along.

ghostim

Expert Member
I'm actually trying to avoid any fans. That is why I started using Pi's for HTPCs. Working on a DIY massive heatsink with minimal tools

K3NS31

Expert Member
I'm actually trying to avoid any fans. That is why I started using Pi's for HTPCs. Working on a DIY massive heatsink with minimal tools
Ditto. Part of the reason I'm keen on using Pis in many scenarios is lack of fan noise.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Question. I have a Kview CCTV system. All the cameras are analogue. The controller box fans are starting to make too much noise, is this something a pi3 with external SSD can handle .. assuming I would need to switch to IP cameras. Any ideas would be appreciated

jaco.slabbert

There are, the key is to start with more basic things first and the to build up to the more ambitious ones.
I agree with you about the coding, some of the code the guys post make my atrocious code look good!:) And sometimes I wonder if their project ever worked at all.

Many of my projects have been made from stuff that broke that I dismantled, but when I decide to buy something I make sure to have 3 or more different tutorials using the same thing to have some options.
Get a good book. Learn python.

Ares1000101

Just arrived! Built quality looks good!

So Temps: I only measured idle Temps, with pi-hole installed.
Ambient was about 25 deg today.

Naked - 55 deg
Heatsink on, fans off - 49 deg
Heatsink on, fans on - 38 deg

Last edited:

Spiderman_RT

Just arrived! Built quality looks good!

So Temps: I only measured idle Temps, with pi-hole installed.
Ambient was about 25 deg today.

Naked - 55 deg
Heatsink on, fans off - 49 deg
Heatsink on, fans on - 38 deg
Any abnormal fan noise level noted?