Your Raspberry Pi Projects

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I assume that you received an SD card with it. This usually has the NOOBS bootup on it. This will then allow you to select the OS to install, there should be the OSMC option as MavChat suggested.
Thanks, yes I did. I wasn't sure if there were Kodi-specific OS options (instead of, for lack of a better word, 'generic' OS'es with Kodi installed on top of it)

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I prefer LibreElec but I don't think it's available on noobs by default. So OSMC may be a better option while he learns the ropes.
It is on NOOBS- installed it last night, got Netflix working on Kodi this morning. Will do the rest of the setup tonight. This little Pi will be going to my parents for their caravan- they both took retirement last year.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
I prefer LibreElec but I don't think it's available on noobs by default. So OSMC may be a better option while he learns the ropes.
I would normally suggest OSMC but it doesn't support the Pi4 yet. A number of build issues which is being worked on.

Superman-7

Have a nodejs program running on my pi, monitoring crypto prices and exchanges and sending me email alerts.

Want to try upgrade it to a .net core api that my custom Android app that I wrote can talk to - but can't find the time.

Yes, I know there are websites that offer a similar notification service - but mine is free and fully customizable :)

Eric

Honorary Master
Have a nodejs program running on my pi, monitoring crypto prices and exchanges and sending me email alerts.

Want to try upgrade it to a .net core api that my custom Android app that I wrote can talk to - but can't find the time.

Yes, I know there are websites that offer a similar notification service - but mine is free and fully customizable :)
Which exchanges?

MavChat

Expert Member
Why on earth is it still so hard to get widevine on the the rpi even four years later?
I know right? With the Netflix Kodi Add on it took forever to download and install. Rather got an android tv box for my Netflix and DSTV now, use the R-Pi for my 8TB Movie and Series library.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I had no issues setting up Kodi + Netflix on two new Pi's (running libreelec), both worked flawlessly. Installation was quick, setup was quick, all worked first time.
I know right? With the Netflix Kodi Add on it took forever to download and install. Rather got an android tv box for my Netflix and DSTV now, use the R-Pi for my 8TB Movie and Series library.

MavChat

Expert Member
I had no issues setting up Kodi + Netflix on two new Pi's (running libreelec), both worked flawlessly. Installation was quick, setup was quick, all worked first time.
Installation was not the problem its the download and install of Widevine that killed it. Every now and then it would fail and then I have to reload Widevine.

Magandroid

Expert Member
For those using the Raspberry Pi 4, are you using a fan with the Pi? I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 with the casing and heatsink. Now I am told I need a 40x40x10 DC 5V fan the will fit in the Raspberry Pi case and the supplier doesn't have these fans.
Image of case 751554

Anyone know where I can get such a fan?

chewiesw

Expert Member
For those using the Raspberry Pi 4, are you using a fan with the Pi? I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 with the casing and heatsink. Now I am told I need a 40x40x10 DC 5V fan the will fit in the Raspberry Pi case and the supplier doesn't have these fans.
Image of case View attachment 751554

Have a look at these, https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/fan-shim . I saw someone had them available locally but they are kak expensive.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Image of case View attachment 751554

I bought mine as a kit, including heatsinks and a fan.

Edit: nevermind (removed link)- see it's a 12v fan, not 5v