Zuma against costly renovations

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.ewn.co.za/Story.aspx?Id=76746

President Jacob Zuma said on Tuesday if it were up to him, he would override decisions determining how much money would be spent on refurbishing presidential homes.
It emerged in October that millions of rands were being spent on renovations to various official residences.
Commenting on the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) earlier, Zuma said it was not his decision to spend so much money.
“These are decisions that are taken by the government on the basis of their own consideration. I wish I could override everything but you would call me a dictator. If it were up to me, I’ll renovate my house myself,” he said.

Just more evidence that this man is a spineless jellyfish and a slippery snake.
You're the damn president man. Have some balls and tell these people where to get off.
I promise you we will not call you a dictator if you put a stop to graft and corruption.
In fact, we are more likely to call you an African Dictator because you ALLOWED the unchecked spending on yourself and all your other greedy ministers!! :mad:

Bizkit87

Executive Member
i bet this is the same response as "ahhh, so sad the Dalai Lama cancelled his application, we would have granted it, a well, too late now"

Flanders

Honorary Master
HAHAHAHA!!

Oh no man. This **** just gets more backwards by the day. Funny how "concerned" he is now that the exorbitantly priced work on his pad is done hey? Fsck you, you double-decker headed imbecile.

VioAdmin

Expert Member
Complete BS. He approved that ****. Anyone who believes otherwise is a [insert your favorite insult here ].

killadoob

Honorary Master
So the president makes all those decisions?

Does he grants the budgets and so on for each department? Is it his signature required for all the spending?

McSack

Executive Member
So the president makes all those decisions?

Does he grants the budgets and so on for each department? Is it his signature required for all the spending?

erm...I don't know about you, but if it's the house I'm going to be living in that is being renovated I'd expect to be consulted?
Or maybe our prez is one of those blissfull idiots who goes through life thinking **** just magically happens without money being spent ... in which case he shouldn't be pretending to run the country

Greylor

Expert Member
In order to ensure security and continuing stability, South Africa will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society!

McSack

Executive Member
I wish I could override everything but you would call me a dictator
:rolleyes: I wish you would stop pretending not to be able to do anything about all the wasteful expenditure and thinking that people are so fsking stupid that they don't notice how inept your government is

grok

Honorary Master
This is similar to a man pleading with his woman after being caught screwing around .. I promise I'll never do it again honey. Too late, she cried!
You telling me the prez, head honcho, main man of main men, cannot tell his government they're spending too much on renovations for his home?
Serias?! No really, SEE .. REE .. JAS?! More likely parading for elections, but anyhow, what a totally lame prez we have.

(Actually .. smacks more of 'the ministerial handbook' told me so)

bekdik

Honorary Master
Prez: "It wasn't me wot done it. It was the nasty corupt govamint."

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Well if Shaik could wipe his backside with Zuma's principles and values anybody can.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
I'm waiting for this article:

President Jacob Zuma said on Tuesday if it were up to him, he would override decisions determining how much money would be spent on buying 2 planes for R1.6 billion.
It emerged in November that billions of rands were being spent on new presidential jets..
Commenting on the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) earlier, Zuma said it was not his decision to spend so much money.
“These are decisions that are taken by the government on the basis of their own consideration. I wish I could override everything but you would call me a dictator. If it were up to me, I’ll fly economy class on Ethiopian Airlines,” he said.

blunomore

Honorary Master
I have no problem with necessary repairs and upkeep/maintenance - if that is what they are in fact doing.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I have no problem with necessary repairs and upkeep/maintenance - if that is what they are in fact doing.

Sure a dash of paint here... a lick of varnish there. One day's labour = R50,000.00 ;)

These guys are real professionals, but they don't come cheap. Only the best for Zumatjie!

Hemps

Honorary Master
Isn't our honorable comrade president in the top 10 paid presidents in the world?