New Sony Ericsson phones unveiled

Got the X10 Mini Pro yesterday for the GF. What an awesome little phone. I had no idea it is possible to put so many features in such small form factor. To think I had a 333mhz CPU in my big desktop PC 10 years ago, and now this small smartphone sports a 600mhz processor. I let the GPS voice guide me home from work yesterday, works beautifully.
 
Gave my friend a x10 mini as a gift. She loves it as do I them. :-)
 
Haha, my gf is also getting it for herself...must be a girl thing :p
 
Thinking about getting myself one as my personal phone and have my BB as my work phone
 
Very happy with my X10 mini. Got one for the wife as well. Would be really cool if VC could introduce some sort of BIS for this phone.
 
How much did it cost?

The Mini is R99 on VC weekender. The Mini Pro is normal R135 weekender. She wanted the slide-out qwerty keyboard. The keyboard and removable battery on the Pro is the only differences. I'm tempted to get myself a second contract to get myself this phone as well.
 
What is the difference between the X10i and the Mini range? They both look like awesome phones, although I am a bit reluctant to get a SE again, the w959 I have now has terrible reception.
 
Where did they get the info on the X8 from? It is incorrect. It will have an HVGA (480x320) 3" screen, not QVGA as claimed.

Anybody know what the cash price on the X10 mini pro is?
 
I let the GPS voice guide me home from work yesterday, works beautifully.

Sony Ericssons are fantastic phones, but I went for a nokia last time simply because their gps is free for life, where as the SE phones were free for 30 days or something, and thereafter 200 a month (I may be wrong with the price, but it was a lot.) So tell me, is this still the case, or are they now also providing a free gps service?
 
SE Sucks

Hey Guys

Oh my word... I've had it with Sony Ericsson... I had the W850 x2, W880i, W910 and currently using the C905... and I have to say that Sony Ericsson phones are the most problematic. My phone's at Vodacare more frequently than with me. I love the funcionality but Sony, don't forget Quality counts too... Goodbye Sony Ericsson... I await the new HTC Desire HD.
 
It's great to see SE's SA launch schedule for the balance of 2010, especially the Android update plans.
Having used all the P-phones since the original P-800, and STILL using the P1, these have all been super phones and ... the few times I needed to contact the SE help desk, they have been truly outstanding. At my latest upgrade, I chose a Nokia smart-phone - it sure convinced me NEVER to go for Nokia again. SE phones (especially smart-phones) are well designed, reliable and offer plenty features in user-friendly (including customization) fashion.
Thank you SE for some fantastic products.
 
Hey Guys

Oh my word... I've had it with Sony Ericsson... I had the W850 x2, W880i, W910 and currently using the C905... and I have to say that Sony Ericsson phones are the most problematic. My phone's at Vodacare more frequently than with me. I love the funcionality but Sony, don't forget Quality counts too... Goodbye Sony Ericsson... I await the new HTC Desire HD.

Well I don't know what problems you had with the phones you have, but my experience is that Vodacare don't know what they are doing when it comes to repairs. I once took a phone to them which wasn't charging and they updated the software and promised it was working. I refused to leave the store until they showed me it was charging , and when it didn't I proceeded to show them precisely what the cause of the problem was and how it had to be fixed. The phone was eventually replaced, but my point is why do I have to tell them what the cause of the fault is?

Anyway, I'm pretty certain your problems are being compounded by poor work by Vodacare.
 
I moved from the K800i to a C902 and will hopefully stay with SE... their phones are really good quality. The camera is outstanding in the C902. My son has a X10 mini and very happy with it. I have my eyes on a X10 or X8 as upgrade.
 
Sony Ericssons are fantastic phones, but I went for a nokia last time simply because their gps is free for life, where as the SE phones were free for 30 days or something, and thereafter 200 a month (I may be wrong with the price, but it was a lot.) So tell me, is this still the case, or are they now also providing a free gps service?

I used the pre-loaded Wisepilot software, I didn't notice anything that mentioned that I should buy it or free trial. Google maps with navigation also comes pre-loaded and it's an Android phone, so there will probably be more free GPS apps to downloand on the marketplace.
 
I'm not going back to SE after my experience with my current phone (W910i). Its horrible! I had the K800i (loved that phone but it died :( )

Due for an upgrade next year, and i'll either be looking to go Android or BB.
 
I used the pre-loaded Wisepilot software, I didn't notice anything that mentioned that I should buy it or free trial. Google maps with navigation also comes pre-loaded and it's an Android phone, so there will probably be more free GPS apps to downloand on the marketplace.

you may want to check on that. I emailed sony ericsson in june and this was their reply

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Contact Center.



With regards to your query about the GPS on the Yari,

Please find below the answers to your questions:



1. Please note that the Yari uses Wisepilot and Google maps for the GPS application.

2. You have a 1 month trial version and then after that you have to purchase the license.

Please find below the prices for the GPS:

R30.00 1 Week

R250.00 3 Months

R700.00 12 Months



3. You can only download data up to a few kb.

4. Please note that you can only use Wisepilot through the server, you cannot download the maps onto your phone.

5. There is voice navigation for the Wisepilot, but not for the Google maps.

6. The only charges will be the once of license and data.



Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again.

For more information on our products and services, please feel free to visit our website at www.sonyericsson.com

Kind Regards,
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X