Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free ADSL troubleshooting from Crystal Web

Default Free ADSL troubleshooting from Crystal Web

As a part of our commitment to delivering value to mybroadband members, we are offering free ADSL troubleshooting to everyone, whether you're a Crystal Web customer or not. This includes troubleshooting line issues, router faults, exchange congestion, ISP problems (no matter who your ISP is), and more.

Here's how it works in 5 simple steps:

Step 1: Download Zertop's tool here: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...ot-report-tool (thanks, Zertop - it has inspired our own diagnostics tool that's in development)
    Step 2: Run the tool using the following options: click enter after launching the program. Select whichever file size option you like for the speed test. We recommend option 1 for 2Mb and below lines, option 2 for 4Mb lines, and option 3 for 10Mb and higher speed lines.
    Step 3: After the program has run, click enter to finish which will open a text document with your results.
    Step 4: Save this file to your hard drive somewhere you will remember it.
    Step 5: Visit www.crystalweb.co.za - a support tab will open at the bottom of your screen. Simply complete the details with the message "ADSL assistance" and follow the agent's instructions thereafter.

It's as simple as that.

Important points to remember:

This service will only run during office hours, but if you leave a message with us via the webpage we will get back in touch with you, so please remember to leave the correct contact details.
    Please don't post your results in this thread as we will not be monitoring it for support activity.

Also note that support for our customers remains a first priority so it may or may not take some time for our agents to respond, but every enquiry will be addressed. Also take note that this will typically only take place during office hours when our agents have spare time. This will not be a 24 hour service.

We'll try to assist in any way possible, including testing with our uncapped, unshaped, uncontested trial accounts to properly identify any problems.

Good one, mate!

Grandmaster

Great stuff!
    Thanks for the info and future assistance (although hopefully never needed)

Grandmaster

-deleted-

I need to learn to wait for a web site to FINISH loading!!!
    Regards,
    Chris.
    - NextGenNews, NNTP re-invented -
    South Africa's first commercial NNTP Service Provider

Awesome stuff! Definitely going to choose them when I get ADSL installed
    Loving technology&gadgets own a Samsung Galaxy S4, Ativ S , Apple iPad4 Cellular 64 GB, i7 ivy bridge - Porting Successful

ADSL related query:

Telkom recently swapped my line over to ADSL 2+ and upgraded my line to 10 meg. After this conversion my DLINK 2750U (which I bought from the Telkom store) randomly freezes after a few hours. I'm thinking it's a firmware issue (I have another more basic router that's working fine), but I am struggling to find the latest firmware and DLINK's FTP seems to be down.

Quote Originally Posted by zolly View Post
    ADSL related query:

Telkom recently swapped my line over to ADSL 2+ and upgraded my line to 10 meg. After this conversion my DLINK 2750U (which I bought from the Telkom store) randomly freezes after a few hours. I'm thinking it's a firmware issue (I have another more basic router that's working fine), but I am struggling to find the latest firmware and DLINK's FTP seems to be down.
    Hi zolly,

Get in touch with our support and we'll help. We won't however help to flash new firmware to a router as there is always the risk of "bricking" a device doing this, even with official firmware. This is something that our customers need to evaluate the risks thereof and make a call for themselves as to whether it's worth it or not.

What I will say is that if the other router is working, then you can in all probability put it down to either a config issue on the DLink router, or the router itself being faulty on the hardware or firmware side.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Web View Post
    Hi zolly,

Get in touch with our support and we'll help. We won't however help to flash new firmware to a router as there is always the risk of "bricking" a device doing this, even with official firmware. This is something that our customers need to evaluate the risks thereof and make a call for themselves as to whether it's worth it or not.

What I will say is that if the other router is working, then you can in all probability put it down to either a config issue on the DLink router, or the router itself being faulty on the hardware or firmware side.
    Thanks. I'll send a message to support later.

Great on you guys!! Just had a chat with one of your support guys and BIG thumbs up! not so corporate and feels like a nice casual chat!

Thanks getting a second opinion will help as Telkom's story changes daily with my 4mb adsl line that went to pot two weeks back....

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Web View Post
    Hi zolly,

Some fancier routers have failsafes/recovery partitions that make this less of a risk. But yeah... for 99% of the time, its not the firmware thats the issue (although even then a reset to default helps).

For next tutorial, can you help us write a script for DD-WRT that auto dials a capped account and routes http traffic to it when your primary uncapped account is being shaped to oblivion

CrystalWeb, Don't disappoint us like OpenWeb please. You guys are great.

@ CrystalWeb, have you discontinued this service? Your web site only asks for subscription details. There's no support tab that opens? Not even after I subscribed did the support tab appear. The links on the site are also inoperative. Please advise. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexFl View Post
    @ CrystalWeb, have you discontinued this service? Your web site only asks for subscription details. There's no support tab that opens? Not even after I subscribed did the support tab appear. The links on the site are also inoperative. Please advise. Thanks.
    Alex, if you look between the light bulb on the LH side and the white line in the middle, you'll see the chat icon.

Thanks. Will check it out tonight and feedback if necesary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast