Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyfi WISP

Default Skyfi WISP

Any one using SKYFi WISP in Atterburry road? How is there service? There website shows price it is very attractive!

I would love to know too. I like their prices but would love to know more about them service wise.

A lot of interest lately regarding SKyFi, maybe ask them to get a representative on here? *hint*

Also look Wirulink packages,
    http://www.wiru.co.za/downloads/WIRU...t_Packages.pdf

Also look Nepic packages
    http://nepic.co.za/products-for-home.html

Skyfi packages
    http://skyfi.co.za/#Packages

SA wireless packages
    http://sawireless.co.za/sa_wireless_packages.html

Wifibre packages
    http://wifibre-sa.co.za/?page_id=10

Skyfi contention ratio is 1:15 and Nepic contention ratio is 1:10 Wirulink contention ratio it has many options 1:25, 1:10 & 1:5

Thump rule is what you pay what you get!
    Last edited by voipwebsolution; 15-05-2016 at 09:32 AM.

i was looking at SkyFi in the Westrand area (Heldekruin) still waiting on them fos LOS, i have LOS of Wirulink but SkyFi seem to be giving a 20meg speeds for similar price of what Wirulink is offering for their 10meg speeds...i hope it is worth it though...

We have very close friends using SkyFI, very reliable. They're on a 10Mbps package. Usually goes above 10Mbps though.

I believe they have towers in Pletburg and near Silver Ball in the South of Johannesburg.

I filled in their online form, will see if they have coverage in my area, pricing looks very good

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
    I filled in their online form, will see if they have coverage in my area, pricing looks very good
    Got any feedback?

Also just filled in the form. I'm in Equestria. Need a wireless service.

Default SkyFi Review (client for 4 months)

I have been with sky-fi since february this year.

Line speeds - 7/10 (have a 10meg line, and is usually 6-9mbs)
    Support - 3/10 (they do not let you know if something is down, and do not respond to any tickets within 1 day. sometimes it takes 4 days to get a repsonse)
    Price - 9/10 (they are really competitive with price, but in saying that, you sort of get what you pay for)

Torrenting on the line is good, get a constant 600 - 800 kbps download (no throttling has been experienced even after 300gig in a month), youtube works great 1080p no problem. Twitch is slow (sometimes i cant even watch on low).

Not alot of downtime, but you do get packet loss (i guess it comes with having a WISP)

all in all i would rate them a solid 6.5/10. (support really sucks though).

Hope this would help making up someone's mind

Quote Originally Posted by dpicota View Post
    Not alot of downtime, but you do get packet loss (i guess it comes with having a WISP)
    Not a guarantee when going with a WISP

Quote Originally Posted by dpicota View Post
    I have been with sky-fi since february this year.

Line speeds - 7/10 (have a 10meg line, and is usually 6-9mbs)
    Support - 3/10 (they do not let you know if something is down, and do not respond to any tickets within 1 day. sometimes it takes 4 days to get a repsonse)
    Price - 9/10 (they are really competitive with price, but in saying that, you sort of get what you pay for)

Torrenting on the line is good, get a constant 600 - 800 kbps download (no throttling has been experienced even after 300gig in a month), youtube works great 1080p no problem. Twitch is slow (sometimes i cant even watch on low).

all in all i would rate them a solid 6.5/10. (support really sucks though).

Hope this would help making up someone's mind
    Any rain issues?
    Guns don't kill people.
    George RR Martin kills people.

Not really, i cant say that i feel a major difference for when it rains or not.

Is anyone on SkyFi in the brackenhurst area?
    My internet has been down from yesterday morning and I am still waiting. I did get a sms saying it will be down and it should take about 2hrs. Its been more than 24HRS. Sending them emails gets you no where and no one responds to them. Phoning them the phone just rings and rings and eventually dies.

I did get hold of a guy this morning and he promissed to phone me back to let me know whats happening and he even asked if someone is home in case they need to send someone to come have a look at my equipment. With it in being less than a month I am already regreting signing up with them.

They have sent an email out with a change of number, have you tried the new number ? i normally get a response on email within an hour or so

What email are you using cause my Internet is down again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast