Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to import from GearBest and more

GearBest.com Rep

Lightbulb How to import from GearBest and more

Importing in SA (V1.3 Update 16/08)
    This information is given without warranty or guarantee and you use it at your own risk. It might be bias but this is my view on things, so use it if you wish.

We have been focused on importing for over 10 years now in South Africa and have learnt a lot and would like to share this information. There are tricks to doing it and getting good response and quick delivery for cheap. We been doing it for long enough to know the tricks and we want to share this information. This guide is for not bulk orders. Bulk is more complicated and not as simple to handle.

Full end to end quick guide
    1) When ordering from overseas, do not ship by Sea unless it is heavy. Do not use "free" shipping like with Ebay or Aliexpress or Wish. "Free" shipping or cheap shipping normally is Airmail via HKPost (Hong Kong Post) or China Mail and normally takes 20-30 Working days. But once it gets to SA, it gets delivered through the Post Office and they are really unreliable and it can go missing. It can take over 1 month to move locally and to clear customs, as the Airmail is low priority so customs takes very long.You also get unregistered Airmail and Registered Airmail. Unregistered has a over 80% chance of never getting to you as there is no tracking number. Registered Airmail includes a tracking number which is better but not by much as it is still slow. Also do note that USPS (United States Postal Service) and Royal Mail (UK Mail service) might be quick to SA (7-10 days), but will also be delivered through the Post Office, so normal slow service can be expected. They also always bill you customs on everything no matter what.
    2) When ordering, always pay the extra and ship with express (DHL, Aramex, TNT, etc). The trick is to get the express shipping for cheap. No point paying $50 for an item, and then $80 to ship (Most websites charge like that to ship to SA). You can get express shipping for cheap, but most sellers make money on shipping so the item price being the cheapest is not always the winning point on the sale.
    3) When ordering, always ask for the CI (Customer Invoice) once the item has been sent. This might be required for customs clearance. Ensure the invoice given matches what is on the package itself when sent. Adjusting of value of invoices is illegal. Do not ask me about this. Please ensure that the mobile number on the order matches your number in case the shipping company does need to contact you. Use the international dialing code. Eg.
    082 000 0000 is +2782 000 0000. Replace the beginning "0" of your mobile number with "+27". That's it.
    4) Do note that for big mixed orders, they can take up to a week to prepare the items and some items might be in stock or out of stock. Due to this, ensure you check the status and if they do split the order, they will send some of it now and some later.
    5) Once it arrives, have the proof of payment and Customer Invoice ready so if customs choose to inspect it, you can submit the documents quickly. Normally, Proof of payment can be the Paypal payment, or a credit card statement. Ensure they do match.
    6) Following the tracking very carefully as they don't always phone when they require documentation so have the numbers available, and if you see anything customs related, call to follow up and email them if required. With most express companies, you have 48 hours to submit documents, so please have them ready. They do try to attempt to call you. Most first time the import department will require to give their ID number so they know who the package is for.
    7) If it is inspected by customs, expect to lose another day or two or three.
    8) If they ask for Importers code, tell them it is for personal use and give them your ID number. I would normally do this before it gets to SA.
    9) Do take note of importing limitations such as not more then 5 mobiles phones in a box due to ICASA rules, etc. It is your job to know the rules around that. There are also battery issues when importing, etc. I do not know all the rules and which companies import what.
    10) Copyrighted items or clones should not be imported. I am sure it will work for one or two, but if you bring in a bunch and it gets stopped by customs, it will be destroyed due to be fakes and your money is gone. Paypal will not cover you for these items as it is against the law for them to exist.

Payment guide
    1) Don't pay directly with Credit card or any unknown method. If it is to cheap, it might be a scam so chose a payment method that is trusted. Do not ever give a picture of your Credit Card to anybody (Front or back).
    2) My advise is to pay with Paypal. The fees are high, but they cover the total order if you pay specifying it is goods. Do not make a payment that states it is for mass payment. This is not covered. Aliexpress does have a Alipay that I have used before. I will make a Youtube video showing alternatives on Payment, how to approach it to make use of it.
    3) When paying with Paypal, google to find the guide to be billed in the sellers currency (Guide is below). Paypal by default does the conversion to Rands and they charge an extra fee. We want to try keep the fees at the lowest so ensure you get billed in sellers invoice currency.
    4) If you have made a mistake or think you might have been scammed with Credit Card payment, replace card ASAP, and call back to try get a refund. You can't do this for every order though...

How to change Paypal currency conversation
    My Account -> Profile -> My Money -> My preapproved payments -> Update -> See Available Funding Sources (or Set Available Funding Sources) -> Conversion Options (for card you'd like to change this option)-> Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice -> Submit.

Website guides
    1) I have used all the sites (Wish, Ebay, Aliexpress, Alibaba, etc). They pricing on shipping differs to much to safely use it and get the items quickly for cheap (Personal use items).
    2) I suggest using the link below for items. The express shipping price is really cheap and it is a little slower the DHL/Aramex express, but still really quick and safe. You items will not get stolen, or lost very often and if it does, they insure it to a certain value for free. Contact the companies directly for more info.
    3) I suggest using the GearBest link below to see their pricing. Also do research on items to ensure you don't overpay. Whichever way though, it is still cheaper to import. And the range is so much bigger and cheaper. And I am always doing reviews, coupons, giveaways.

Customs guide
    1) Always have the CI(Customer Invoice) and POP (Proof of Payment) in case they ask for it.
    2) No importers code required unless you order over 4-5 times a year. It is free so you can contact me for the document on what is required.
    3) If you are doing this for a business, get an import license.
    4) Anything under R500.00 on invoice gets free clearance and no customs charge. (Value on CI converted into Rands).
    5) Be kind to the people clearing the package and they will assist. Try get them to email you feedback so you can always deal with the same person.
    6) Always ensure your CI and POP match what is on the box. There are horror storied on the forum where people have given an invoice for $300 but the package had $70 on it. Customs will fine you an excessive amount if they find this out.

How to order from GearBest
    1) Go to www.GearBest.com and find products you are interested in.
    2) Send me the links via any platform and I will send you updated links.
    3) When selecting shipping, select either Priority Line or Expedited Shipping. Take the cheaper option as they both are quick. Unregistered airmail or Registered airmail should not be used as it is very very slow.
    4) The more everybody orders, the more sponsored items GearBest will send to me for reviewing and to give away!!!

Please note that this guide does not include bulk. Bulk is a whole different game and there are more options for shipping like Airport to Airport, and a few different options (port to port via Sea). I can assist in product hunting if bulk is required. Might be cheaper to go to China directly but that is also expensive and complicated if you do not speak Chinese.

My YouTube Channel is below so please subscribe. I will be making videos explaining all of this in detail, and how things work. I am trying to make 3 videos a week and the beginning but will see how it goes and the feedback. The more subscribers, the more I will do. I will also be reviewing items from GB as I personally import a lot from overseas and don't always use everything. This means there will be giveaways. I will also be posting promotional coupons on Facebook. Since the giveaway only applies to SA, you have a very high chance of winning. The more you spread the word, the more we will get to review and give away.

**Facebook**
    https://www.facebook.com/ZAGadgetReviews/

**YouTube**
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB...qMCSr9zFblW9ng

If you are not comfortable ordering from overseas, or do not wish to go through the headache, shipping, worrying, fraud, etc, we can do it for you. you can message me and we can arrange for you.
    Last edited by GearBestZA; 08-09-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Updated customs delay for airmail

GearBest.com Rep

If you guys like what I am trying to achieve, please go to the above links, subscribe and share. It will go a long way in what I want to try achieve and bring to the SA market.

Think it is about time we got some free stuff like the international guys.

GearBest.com Rep

Hey everybody,

Preorder sale starting at 12:00pm today for the MSI GL62m Gaming laptop.

http://www.gearbest.com/promotion-ms...?lkid=11107783

Only available to the first 100 each day.

KavZ

Quote Originally Posted by GearBestZA View Post
    Hey everybody,

Preorder sale starting at 12:00pm today for the MSI GL62m Gaming laptop.

http://www.gearbest.com/promotion-ms...?lkid=11107783

Only available to the first 100 each day.

KavZ
    Those are all Chinese language laptops!
    15.6 inch Windows 10 Home Chinese Version Intel Core i7-7700HQ

GearBest.com Rep

Quote Originally Posted by evilskaap View Post
    Those are all Chinese language laptops!
    This is just a repost of the sponsored advertisement link on the home page. The only difference I can see with the Chinese version is the language pack included on the Windows OS. It does come with the standard US Keyboard layout.

Apologies for not stating that it is the Chinese release for the laptops. I will include the information next time.

KavZ

I don't do Facebook, what I must do?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    I don't do Facebook, what I must do?
    +1 I don't use ANY social media
    SEALAND Honary Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary

GearBest.com Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    If you can subscribe to my YouTube channel, I will also do a giveaway there. If not, I will try arrange to do something on the forum.

KavZ

Quote Originally Posted by GearBestZA View Post
    If you can subscribe to my YouTube channel, I will also do a giveaway there. If not, I will try arrange to do something on the forum.

KavZ
    I would be perfect.

My brain is sore.

GearBest.com Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WaxLyrical View Post
    My brain is sore.
    Sorry for the long post. Think this information will be very helpful for people who want to order from overseas. Hope I can help a few people and try assist. Hope you enjoyed my post. Please refer to this post for giveaways. Will be announced tomorrow.

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...iveaways/page2

KavZ

GearBest.com Rep

Two new videos now done.

Gearbest Unboxing[#02] - Unboxing Series just completed.
    https://youtu.be/6xqE_oijkTU

Quick review series. Unboxing of the Onda V80 Plus device. Full review video coming soon.
    https://youtu.be/gQGfPKXzXaQ

Please like, share and subscribe for more!!!

More videos coming out on a daily basis. Please spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    He says on a forum.... that is classified as Social media

But yeah I don't do Facebook either.

GearBest.com Rep

Gift Card Giveaway!!!

Share the Facebook Post To Win A Gift Card to the value of $20 each (Free Purchase From Gearbest).

@ZAGadgetReviews will choose 5 winners for this competition. They will get $20 gift card to buy any gadgets within this price. You just need to share the post from @ZAGadgetReviews to your Facebook and like this page. You will have chance to be the winner. The more people to share the post, the more people can win a gift card.
    Last edited by GearBestZA; 25-08-2017 at 03:21 PM.

I ordered a phone from gearbest but can't find out how to contact the seller? There's no description of how they price the invoice (Aliexpress mentions they underprice) which I don't want. If it's not mentioned can I assume they invoice properly?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast