Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Telkom launches LTE double-data promotion

  1. #1

    Default Telkom launches LTE double-data promotion

    Telkom launches LTE double-data promotion

    Telkom has launched an LTE double-data promotion, offering users double their usual anytime and Night Surfer (midnight – 07:00) data on several packages.

  2. #2

    Default

    Telkom surprising all of us.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

  3. #3

    Default

    Im paying R399 for the 20gb+20gb. I have it for a year. Is it possible to upgrade this to the double data promo at R449?

  4. #4

    Default

    As much as I like Telkom (they are my preferred SP), contracts are dead to me. Never again will I sign up for anything that I cannot immediately ditch should someone else offer a better deal.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_za View Post
    As much as I like Telkom (they are my preferred SP), contracts are dead to me. Never again will I sign up for anything that I cannot immediately ditch should someone else offer a better deal.
    Their prepaid offering is the same price, just no contract obviously and no LTE device. R249 = 10 Gb and 10Gb nightime

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ITCynic View Post
    Their prepaid offering is the same price, just no contract obviously and no LTE device. R249 = 10 Gb and 10Gb nightime
    Well hello then
    Thanks for that info.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_za View Post
    Well hello then
    Thanks for that info.
    https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/sh...repaid-5gb-pv/

  8. #8
    Super Grandmaster cavedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    8,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_za View Post
    Well hello then
    Thanks for that info.
    Get a prepaid sim anywhere. Change your tariff plan to smartbroadband wireless prepaid. Then put the sim in your modem and buy via onnet.telkom.co.za also R50 for 500gb night surfer if you want.

  9. #9

    Default

    Blimey! No double data for the current 200+200.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post
    Get a prepaid sim anywhere. Change your tariff plan to smartbroadband wireless prepaid. Then put the sim in your modem and buy via onnet.telkom.co.za also R50 for 500gb night surfer if you want.
    I didn't realize I could buy the bundles adhoc. I'm currently month to month with 30 gigs, but they do a debit order. Did you know how I cancel? Do I have to go in to a store?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grump_grouch View Post
    Blimey! No double data for the current 200+200.
    There was a time where I would have asked why you're trying to archive the internet, but since having a decent connection and subscriptions to VOD services I routinely use a bit less than 500GB a month.

  12. #12
    Super Grandmaster Dan C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beacon Bay (EL)
    Posts
    12,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post
    Get a prepaid sim anywhere. Change your tariff plan to smartbroadband wireless prepaid. Then put the sim in your modem and buy via onnet.telkom.co.za also R50 for 500gb night surfer if you want.
    hmmm... going to try this
    I never apologise. I’m sorry, that’s just the way I am.

  13. #13
    Super Grandmaster cavedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    8,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kfc4unme View Post
    I didn't realize I could buy the bundles adhoc. I'm currently month to month with 30 gigs, but they do a debit order. Did you know how I cancel? Do I have to go in to a store?
    I won't be able to tell you how to cancel because it's a headache to be honest. You can call 180 and find out.

    Yes Any prepaid simcard from Telkom you need to change the tariff plan to Smartbroadband Wireless and when you do so that sim is NOT ideal for using in a phone but you can it's just call rates are expensive and you can not buy all networks bundles then so no roaming.

    So on an extra simcard change the price plan and buy the data with airtime or card. Very nice option totally prepaid and you pay 31 days no pro rata and counted 31 days from day of activation.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_za View Post
    There was a time where I would have asked why you're trying to archive the internet, but since having a decent connection and subscriptions to VOD services I routinely use a bit less than 500GB a month.
    Big family with kids - Youtube/Steam/XBOX/etc.

  15. #15
    Super Grandmaster cavedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    8,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan C View Post
    hmmm... going to try this
    I won't try it today. I did double data did not get allocated and they created a case for me. Saying I'm not the first one to phone in. Since it launched today I doubt they set it up properly for prepaid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Great news for Telkom ADSL users - Double Data promotion extended
    By Kevin Lancaster in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 04-07-2016, 09:39 AM
  2. Telkom double data promotion ending
    By RH360 in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-03-2016, 09:54 AM
  3. Axxess ADSL double-your-data top-up promotion
    By Kevin Lancaster in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 07:18 PM
  4. MTN double data promotion extended
    By rpm in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27-04-2015, 10:30 PM
  5. Vodacom launches Double your Summer promotion
    By QuintonB in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 06:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •