2011 Super Rugby (Super 15) thread

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Mmmmmmm - bugger!

Good luck to Crusaders - and I hope all those chops in Cape Town that shout for them feel kak right now.

Guess this means we get the most rest before TN/RWC

MickeyD

RIP
Well played 'Saders.

Annihilated the Stormers up front and that was game over.

Jola

Honorary Master
Well, there is no doubt that the two best sides of the season are in the final - well done Reds and Crusaders !

As for the Boks for the rest of the year - well, that is extremely worrying!

Brawler

Executive Member
True that - Crusaders were clearly the better team yesterday and I hope the go on to win.

Don't write the boks of yet - as a team we are very capable.

craigdoepie

Expert Member
At least we got one positive side from the match, Jacques Fourie played his heart out and never gave up. Crusaders blocked him off whenever tried something, but he never gave up. That's what I LOVE about a player.

Many people is going to disagree with me, but watch out for Habana. He might of lost a bit of pace, but his vision and defence makes him a good player.

I don't see the Boks winning anything this season, not with there 1 dimensional style of play. Pick up and drive not going to work and New Zealand going to kill them at the breakdown, just like the Crusaders killed the Stormers yesterday

Well, there is no doubt that the two best sides of the season are in the final - well done Reds and Crusaders !

As for the Boks for the rest of the year - well, that is extremely worrying!

Stevie G

Banned
correct craig. the manner how the crusaders beat the stormers so easily is very worrying. I tip the All Blacks to win the world cup, although i want to us to win it again. the saders have demolished every sa teams front row. if pdv play the same old bulls rugby i'm afraid we going to get murdered and embaressed in this world cup. even the aussies look really good. worrying times ahead. i hope we pick the right combinations and players on form.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
I am rather disgusted on the Sports 24 website that so many Bulls supporters seem to be rejoicing in the fact that the Stormers lost :rolleyes:. It really does smack of jealously.

MickeyD

RIP
I am rather disgusted on the Sports 24 website that so many Bulls supporters seem to be rejoicing in the fact that the Stormers lost :rolleyes:. It really does smack of jealously.
Herd mentality...

OzzieCapie

Expert Member
15 minutes to go - Reds 19, Blues 6

Why is the stadium so empty?
Should put your TV on right channel. There were 45,000, not much less than Newlands I presume. On Wednesday night they host the deciding
'State of Origin' rugby league (Qld vs NSW) and will pull capacity of 50,000 or so and again on Saturday for final.

Sonny Bill Willaims made his NZ Union debut in the Canterbury- Bay of Plenty game last night. Long way to go still and not sure if enough time for him to transition into WC 2011, but he is one awesome athlete and player and will definitely make a mark in Union.
Was the highest paid player in League in Oz when he paid out his contract (helped by mate Anthony Mundine- League player turned world champ boxer) and went to France.
En route from France this year to come back to NZ he featured on Mundine's boxing card as well and promptly won his pro fight. As I said, awesome athlete and a must see crowd puller.
Told ya:p

Made PDV's comments about him earlier look a bit stupid...but that is quite a regular thing.

killadoob

Honorary Master
How can you say they choked? They got beaten by a better team. A choke is when you get nailed by worse opponents or you chuck away a winning position.

They never choked, they were beaten by a better team.