2019 Salary Increase

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Well, I'll add this then, seems I have been doing very well compared to the rest of you - despite it not being as good as before due to the cost cutting drive in play.

LOTR

big bank here, and there was a cap of 3% for everyone.
luckily i got that, and had a concurrent promotion, so an additional 6% the month after increases. Else i would have been slightly peeved.
You probably work for the same institution as I do - also got 3%, but no promotion though.

marco79

Expert Member
Yesterday we realized we haven't received our increases yet. We work for a small private company (about 20 employees). Normally our salaries are adjusted with our end May pay.

Last year I got 6.5% increase and a full 13th cheque bonus in December.

Our industry is on shakey grounds with SANRAL not approving any projects. So I guess we can't all get increases if the company doesn't secure work for the next few years. Our company is currently having it's most profitable 2 years in a long time.

But, I know a few of my colleagues will leave if we don't get increases soon.

Smokey888

we will only know mid-end June but sounds like 5-6% across the board. Been like that since I started working at my current employer. Everybody gets the same. Only once did I get a 23% increase due to excellent performance. was motivated all the way from the CEO. no body else in my department ever got more than 6% that I am aware of, and everybody shares and debates the topic every year at increase time.

Messugga

Honorary Master
5% increase for me. Can't complain really as most of the banks aren't quite hitting that and my base salary is fairly good. After SARS takes its cut, inflation is definitely felt though.