Activate MTN roaming while overseas

whatwhat

Executive Member
Not that I am aware of. At least no matter where you are you can receive OTP now as long as you have wifi.

Just got the push notification about Smart inContact.

Hopefully they have integrated with TouchID, I don't want to be typing my FNB password everytime to authorize a payment.

travcaine

Just got the push notification about Smart inContact.

Hopefully they have integrated with TouchID, I don't want to be typing my FNB password everytime to authorize a payment.

I really hope that it will work with TouchID.

dasdk

TLDR; two sim swops, first to new sim then person in SA activate service, second sim swop to old sim which restores all services that was on previous sim.

Resurrecting an old thread maybe it will help someone
So like a lot of folk we forgot to activate sms roaming before we left SA. So after calling mtn via Skype and wasting my credit, I tried my mtn account manager. He performed a sim swop then used the new sim to activate sms roaming. We waited a day or two and he performed a sim swop back (reversal) to my old sim. After a few hrs I removed my sim and playing with manual network selection it worked. So it’s a very creative solution and needs to be completed by trusted contact at MTN. In my case it was a the franchise owner who managed the entire process with his staff.