Advice for Vodacom on data pricing

Do you approve of MyBroadband's proposed data pricing for Vodacom?

• Yes

Votes: 129 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 36.8%

• Total voters

Shred

Expert Member
Company Rep
I voted yes, but I think the 10GB, 20GB and 40GB should be reduced to R845, R1545 and R2545 respectively.

sin_x

Advice for Vodacom on data pricing

Vodacom’s broadband data bundle pricing has not changed much since early 2007, and here are a few prices which may make consumers happy
Do you approve of MyBroadband's proposed data pricing for Vodacom? << Vote now and give your views

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the columnist and do not represent those of MyBroadband.
:)

ajax

Executive Member
I vote yes, but I know they won't drop pricing.

Take e.g the 1 GB price. It is slightly cheaper than going the ADSL route (R367 for Telkom simple). If Telkom lowers their ADSL rental pricing or the duplicate rental ripoff is dropped, then Vodacom would follow suite IMHO.

saffakanera

Expert Member
Its very uncreative pricing if they are trying to match the offers from fixed line operators. The general consumer will overvalue fixed line over their service because of its physical properties, even though this does not really affect real value differentiation, it does in the market.

zamicro

Expert Member
I voted no, because I will still not use any of the products at the proposed prices.

Antonf

Expert Member
RPM, I had to vote NO, even though the prices are better...

Earlier today you said:
It is not clear why these anomalies continue to slip into Vodacom’s data pricing when it is standard practice to reward high end users with cheaper per-MB rates.
I guess you studied at the Vodacom School of Business Your own proposed data prices also doesn't reward high-end users? They are exactly the same per-Mb for the three biggest bundles! :wtf:

Beri

Expert Member
lol...... is that a bird or a plane ooooohhhhh no it is a pie in the sky

scuzzy

Doubt Mr Uys will even look at these suggestions, they don't seem like the bunch who really listens to their clients...even though they say they do. They can take a leaf out of Cell C's recent change on that point - listen to consumer. Show us you really deserve to steal Cell C's 'Power to you' slogan....

Splitta - splatta - the same - not betta

Yuu

Executive Member
Anything that will bring the pricing down is worth voting for, c'mon people VOTE Yes, not because i asked you. Sure pricing won't come down immediately to CellC pricing (leave ADSL prices out) but in time with enough effort from myBB and us the consumers, something can be done :)

+10 RPM

rpm

Admin
Staff member
RPM, I had to vote NO. I guess you studied at the Vodacom School of Business Your own proposed data prices also doesn't reward high-end users? They are exactly the same per-Mb for the three biggest bundles! :wtf:
Hi Antonf

The high end bundle per-MB costs are not exactly the same (they are in fact 0.0923c, 0.0901c and 0.0884c per MB).

I know that we all want prices of 1c per MB with free modems and Macbook Pros thrown in, but Vodacom recently pointed that that they don’t see prices dropping below 10c/MB in the near future – with 8ta confirming that it will be unsustainable.

What I tried to do is provide a sustainable pricing model which is reasonable to all parties. If you look at other offerings in the market (non-promotional data bundle pricing from MTN, 8ta and Cell C) these prices are competitive, will not reduce ARPU and should be sustainable.

tctm

Lower mobile broadband prices? Hell yeah! Enough talk. Let's see some action.

moklet

Expert Member
Even at the proposed lower pricing vodacom aka vodascum still is milking South Africa

Roadrunner

Expert Member
I know that we all want prices of 1c per MB with free modems and Macbook Pros thrown in, but Vodacom recently pointed that that they don’t see prices dropping below 10c/MB in the near future – with 8ta confirming that it will be unsustainable.
Some gentle comedy there from RPM. :D