Advice Needed - Axxess or Coolideas

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Howzit guys,

Need some advice here.
Long story, but please read and advise

I had made contact with Cool Ideas a few months back in order to transfer existing line from Telkom to them as they are able to offer 200MB on Openserve's network and Telkom are not.
Cool ideas advised that because Im situated within a gated community its not possible to transfer - so the idea was abandoned
Fast forward to last month and I made contact with Afrihost, inquired about the same situation and was advised that Cool Ideas had provided the incorrect info and that all that was required when cancelling with Telkom is to ensure that the line is released back into the holding queue and that services were being migrated.

On Friday Telkom cancelled services so I contacted Afrihost and told them to check on the status of the transfer of the line to them and they then turned around and state that the line cant be transferred to them as its within a gated community and that I must go back to Telkom and pay for the installation of a new line....

I queried this as other isp's such as WA, Cell C and few others are able to offer services within the same estate... No response to my email from the "senior engineer" that I had dealt with.

I then called one of our clients who provide services and asked if they could assist, and today received an sms from Openserve stating that they were scheduled to complete the installation of a new line on behalf of axxess.

I managed to get in touch with the engineer from Openserve, advised that it was not a new installation but a transfer but and that I wasnt aware that the client of ours was reselling Axxess services...

I sent the Cool Ideas Rep a PM yesterday and asked if he/she were able to provide services and assist but havent received any response to my detailed PM.

So what should I do, proceed with Axxess or wait for Cool Ideas to respond?
I havent heard anything good or bad about axxess, but recall a few years ago that their DSL was shocking and throttled to hell.

@PBCool

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Wait on CoolIdeas for advice I'd say. It is Sunday, so do give them until Monday midday if possible.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Howzit guys,

Need some advice here.
Long story, but please read and advise

I had made contact with Cool Ideas a few months back in order to transfer existing line from Telkom to them as they are able to offer 200MB on Openserve's network and Telkom are not.
Cool ideas advised that because Im situated within a gated community its not possible to transfer - so the idea was abandoned
Fast forward to last month and I made contact with Afrihost, inquired about the same situation and was advised that Cool Ideas had provided the incorrect info and that all that was required when cancelling with Telkom is to ensure that the line is released back into the holding queue and that services were being migrated.

On Friday Telkom cancelled services so I contacted Afrihost and told them to check on the status of the transfer of the line to them and they then turned around and state that the line cant be transferred to them as its within a gated community and that I must go back to Telkom and pay for the installation of a new line....

I queried this as other isp's such as WA, Cell C and few others are able to offer services within the same estate... No response to my email from the "senior engineer" that I had dealt with.

I then called one of our clients who provide services and asked if they could assist, and today received an sms from Openserve stating that they were scheduled to complete the installation of a new line on behalf of axxess.

I managed to get in touch with the engineer from Openserve, advised that it was not a new installation but a transfer but and that I wasnt aware that the client of ours was reselling Axxess services...

I sent the Cool Ideas Rep a PM yesterday and asked if he/she were able to provide services and assist but havent received any response to my detailed PM.

So what should I do, proceed with Axxess or wait for Cool Ideas to respond?
I havent heard anything good or bad about axxess, but recall a few years ago that their DSL was shocking and throttled to hell.

@PBCool
I'll check this out but usually it's based on a response from Openserve. Telkom have a few select estates that are closed access. Please PM me a ticket or account details.

Treschen

Signed up with cool ideas since Friday on new openserve line. No issues thus far. Highly recommend them

mister

Executive Member
Thanks for the feedback Treschen
Axxess on Openserve is awful. You get massive latency spikes from 18:00 until 22:00 like clockwork. Dealing with their support will drive you to suicide.

I moved somebody to Cool Ideas from axxess just a few weeks ago and looking a graph of the two connections just leaves me speechless. Zero issues with Cool Ideas!

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Axxess on Openserve is awful. You get massive latency spikes from 18:00 until 22:00 like clockwork. Dealing with their support will drive you to suicide.

I moved somebody to Cool Ideas from axxess just a few weeks ago and looking a graph of the two connections just leaves me speechless. Zero issues with Cool Ideas!
Shot for the feedback. Started experiencing the same with Telkom over the last few months which rendered Netflix barely usable during the routine unwind time.