I feel like cancelling my account with them to be honest. I'm not getting what I'm paying for and I cannot be bothered anymore by being asked to do tracerts everyday...
The reason I moved to Afrihost in December is because some of my friends (also in Northern Suburbs, WC) are with them and have been getting excellent performance...so I moved and was really surprised with the great performance as was I was told...so I moved my line to them as well thinking FINALLY, I found an ISP that really knows their stuff...but this last month has been it for me...first I spent an entire week on the phone to Afrihost call center trying to get them to get Telkom to switch me to a VDSL profile. When that happened finally all was well again for about 2 weeks when performance in the Cape region (late last week) just went down the drain. My latency and download speeds seems almost normal now but clearly the upload speed is far from acceptable. Now the thing is, I'm the paying customer and I'm not happy...but yet I'm being told that what I'm getting is fine? Screw that...if Afrihost cannot figure out the problem, then they should arrange for a Telkom technician to come out to my house to figure out the problem and fix it. I understand and accept this would probably have a call out fee going with it but that's fine I just want my service restored to normal.
Ive been complaining for ages too, asking for trace routes etc and to PM them, I don't even bother anymore.
someone else in the forum said I should just cancel and stop my bull SH"T threats and cancel. which I am sure I will eventually do.
Afrihost is seeing it as an individual problem even though they see so many users complain. I cant stream anything unless its youtube ,
MTN is the issue.
The sad truth is Afrihost even with their cr@ppy network is still the cheapest, if you have time, you can use the data. you just cant use it real time.
I'm using their 150G + 150G capped account, cant use it for real time streaming. but if i leave my torrents queued in the evening I usually do get what i want over a few days/weeks and use around 180GB. just don't expect real time speeds or gaming latency.
I use Telkom on my 50G cap to stream real time media or gaming and Afrihost for torrents or queued downloads.
They are Not what they were a year ago...
but where where else can you get 300G torrent downloads for +-R500 a month. (excl Telkom)
Use Afrihost as a data collector and any other provider as a real time service.
I'll live with this, even though I hate the word Afrihost and MTN, I get the same nasty feeling from Internet solution's Hosting services , where at the end of the day its just business and negative thoughts as a whole.
I hate Afrihost, but there isn't much better. I just vote negatively towards them and vot new players in the market these days so that they Afrihost don't get my vote.