Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please please please fix this packet loss, I can't even play my favorite games anymore, my friends sounds like robots.. really please you need to fix this.
 
So let me get this right.

I use my internet at home in the evenings and because its PEAK time I cant expect a usable service for gaming on your network because of demand? I only use the account in the evenings FOR gaming so afrihost isnt the service for that then? even though it used to be for years? In the day im sure its fine I raid at night in WoW I work in the day so then 100% of your service isnt usable for me because I need it during "peak" hours? So gamers in the south because of demand must just move elsewhere or just wait till 12:00 when the peak is over to see no packet loss?

Is it just me or is that just sound like the worst service in the world?
 
Definitely not seeing that on my reports. As far as I can see, that has happened in the last two days. We're looking into what could be causing this unusual spike in demand.

Mhm.

Ticket: TQV-690-74554

Afriguy, hopefully you can shed some light on my question that I am trying to get an answer from help desk, following was my question ...

In fact I can read, with all respect, what I was actually asking you sir was given the date of the month and the fact that I have already paid for the previous (current) package and that I have a top up today what would you, the consultant at the “HELP DESK” suggests I should do in order to migrate to uncapped, if this question is challenging please escalate my request to Gian

International throughput is really bad.

Able to watch Twitch at source during the day (as I should be able to) however as soon as the evening comes I can't even stream at medium. Works fine on other ISP accounts.

Would be nice to see better international throughput on the MTN network. Same as the whole thing with You Tube. You can't steam unless you are connecting to the South African mirrors.



Well my latency is really bad. I'm also pinging for london 350ms. Download speeds seems normal. Welp guess it won't ever be fixed this issue.

On Afrihost

Code:
ping mybroadband.co.za

Pinging mybroadband.co.za [197.242.89.170] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=199ms TTL=51
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=201ms TTL=51
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=212ms TTL=51
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=188ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 197.242.89.170:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 188ms, Maximum = 212ms, Average = 200ms

Code:
tracert mybroadband.co.za

Tracing route to mybroadband.co.za [197.242.89.170]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  home.gateway.pace.net [192.168.1.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3   216 ms   173 ms   171 ms  41.181.53.213
  4   203 ms   146 ms   150 ms  ipc-send-tb-3a.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.53.214]
  5   223 ms   160 ms   155 ms  tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.19
8.188]
  6   174 ms   177 ms   176 ms  unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net [196.44.18.8]
  7   171 ms   173 ms   167 ms  196.44.31.106
  8   186 ms   187 ms   186 ms  nl-ha-2.za--rb-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.121
]
  9   173 ms   171 ms   165 ms  africainx.cinx.net.za [196.223.22.47]
 10   186 ms   183 ms   182 ms  CORE.GP-CN-HET-MEE-1.TO.GP-HV-ICT-MEE-1.DFA.P2P.
10G.za.africainx.net [41.84.13.66]
 11   199 ms   202 ms   199 ms  41-66-132-246-f6.HET001-CPE-1-to-GP-CN-HET-MEE-1
.africainx.net [41.66.132.246]
 12   207 ms   216 ms   218 ms  core-access-switch1.jnb1.host-h.net [197.189.193
.1]
 13   209 ms   210 ms   209 ms  row-access-switch1-row3-4.jnb1.host-h.net [197.1
89.193.36]
 14   221 ms   217 ms   218 ms  197.242.89.170

Trace complete.


On webafrica
Code:
mybroadband.co.za

Pinging mybroadband.co.za [197.242.89.170] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=50
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=50
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=50
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 197.242.89.170:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 25ms, Average = 24ms
Code:
tracert mybroadband.co.za

Tracing route to mybroadband.co.za [197.242.89.170]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1    <1 ms     2 ms    <1 ms  home.gateway.pace.net [192.168.1.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    55 ms     7 ms     7 ms  cdsl2-ctn-vl2473-ipc.ip.isnet.net [196.38.72.194
]
  4     7 ms     7 ms     6 ms  vlan2473.cdsl2-ctn.isdsl.net [196.38.72.193]
  5     7 ms     6 ms     6 ms  196.35.115.136
  6     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  mi-za-cpt-p8-te0-7-0-0.ip.isnet.net [168.209.2.1
3]
  7     7 ms     8 ms     8 ms  css1-ctn-gi0-2.ip.isnet.net [168.209.6.10]
  8     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  196.36.84.154
  9    24 ms    24 ms    24 ms  CORE.GP-CN-HET-MEE-1.TO.GP-HV-ICT-MEE-1.DFA.P2P.
10G.za.africainx.net [41.84.13.66]
 10    25 ms    25 ms    25 ms  41-66-132-246-f6.HET001-CPE-1-to-GP-CN-HET-MEE-1
.africainx.net [41.66.132.246]
 11    26 ms    25 ms    25 ms  core-access-switch1.jnb1.host-h.net [197.189.193
.1]
 12    26 ms    27 ms    31 ms  row-access-switch1-row3-4.jnb1.host-h.net [197.1
89.193.36]
 13    24 ms    24 ms    24 ms  197.242.89.170

Trace complete.

Note that I swapped afrihost > webafrica for the pings, then swapped webafrica > afrihost for the tracert.
These are local tracerts. 400ping for smite, 380ms for HotS on Afrihost. Less than half on Webafrica.

Please don't say that if I can just go back in the thread.

EDIT: 400-700ms ping playing Heroes of the Storm. Going to swap WA next game for comparison.

EDIT2:
20150605_164139_HDR.jpg
EDIT3:
Swapped to WebAfrica, 160ms ping. Then played EuNE LoL, 178ms. The issue still lies with you. Contact Telkom and ask for an IPC upgrade.

EDIT4:
Btw, 155.239.255.250 is pinging the exchange:
Code:
ping 155.239.255.250

Pinging 155.239.255.250 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63

Ping statistics for 155.239.255.250:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 5ms, Average = 5ms
While being on your account. It's the IPC that is having issues.
 
Last edited:
teamspeak2.png

BOOM again is this peak hours now? so now I am home its time for me to pay another company to use the internet?
 
We're definitely aware of the rise in latency that we see over the peak demand period in the evenings. Some evenings have definitely been better, but when demand is excessive we do see latency rise and some services very dependant on low latency like gaming could show some packet loss. The main thing is that this is only the case during that peak demand window. When demand is normal, then we should see great latency as well as zero packet loss (at least from our network).

Wow.....
 
We don't have any announcements at the moment but I am sure we'll confirm well before the month comes to an end so clients can plan accordingly for July forwards.

Well if the Announcement is NOT an IPC upgrade in the south, so that we can accentually use what we pay for, you could give us FREE uncapped and still loose customers. Your Bandwidth is worthless if it can't be used, no mater how much it costs.
 
Mhm.











Please don't say that if I can just go back in the thread.

EDIT: 400-700ms ping playing Heroes of the Storm. Going to swap WA next game for comparison.

EDIT2:
View attachment 222760
EDIT3:
Swapped to WebAfrica, 160ms ping. Then played EuNE LoL, 178ms. The issue still lies with you. Contact Telkom and ask for an IPC upgrade.

EDIT4:
Btw, 155.239.255.250 is pinging the exchange:
Code:
ping 155.239.255.250

Pinging 155.239.255.250 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63
Reply from 155.239.255.250: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=63

Ping statistics for 155.239.255.250:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 5ms, Average = 5ms
While being on your account. It's the IPC that is having issues.

Thanks for those results, definitely seems like we have some work to do to get Heroes of the Storm running as well as it should!
 
Only on Afrihost server at the moment. 0 throughput, timeout connection, everything else is fine. so def shaping.

I've asked our Team to check on the News Server itself, it has been acting up a lot over the past week or so.
 
What's going on in the South this evening, my connection keeps dropping but the Line remains in sync.
Rebooted the router 3 times, each time it reconnects for a few of seconds then drops.
Not pleasant when trying to watch a Live Stream.
On the 3rd Reboot I switched to my TELKOM account and it has run fine since.
 
What's going on in the South this evening, my connection keeps dropping but the Line remains in sync.
Rebooted the router 3 times, each time it reconnects for a few of seconds then drops.
Not pleasant when trying to watch a Live Stream.
On the 3rd Reboot I switched to my TELKOM account and it has run fine since.

Also been having issues between 7pm-11pm, connection has also dropped 3 times in 24/h.
 
What's going on in the South this evening, my connection keeps dropping but the Line remains in sync.
Rebooted the router 3 times, each time it reconnects for a few of seconds then drops.
Not pleasant when trying to watch a Live Stream.
On the 3rd Reboot I switched to my TELKOM account and it has run fine since.
Didnt have any of that. My line has been rock solid since replacing my pots filter.
 
Same here. What little througput there was completely dried up a few times for like 5 minutes each time. Then magically restored itself. Mentioned this before - not new. Happens at least once an evening during my usage time. (Or peak time as Afrishost likes to call it...)
 
What's going on in the South this evening, my connection keeps dropping but the Line remains in sync.
Rebooted the router 3 times, each time it reconnects for a few of seconds then drops.
Not pleasant when trying to watch a Live Stream.
On the 3rd Reboot I switched to my TELKOM account and it has run fine since.

Same happening here. It has been happening for the past couple of days.
 
How close to line speed is the requirements of your stream? Ive not had those issues and did quite a bit of streaming yesterday being sick at home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X