Was hoping to do some YouTube. Think I'll have to stick to offline media for now![]()
I know it sucks not being able to use YouTube
Can you let me know if the issues are still present today?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Was hoping to do some YouTube. Think I'll have to stick to offline media for now![]()
Yip... and the speedtest latency to JHB is 210ms...
Something horribly wrong.
Reading between the lines with this proof of concept thing they are doing is that it's an MTN problem that won't be solved anytime soon - if at all.
Aaaand now the Afrihost Android app does not work... gives error then quits.
Anybody else having issues with the app?
EDIT:
Nevermind... working now again.
5:47 in the morning: The Interwebz is dead! At least the Googly part of it. So fokn AH network is even too weak to deliver at this time of night when I'm kinda the only remaining customer stil/already awake and surfin'. Really guys, this is going on since way too long. We need a solution, and we need it fast and sustainable. So don't give us a sloppy quick fix but a sound working infrastructure. We see it everywhere around the world and even in SA how ISPs can deliver Pure Internet Joy without any problems. So why don't you?
Guess I'm giving you, AH, until tonight. If no better service by then I'm gonna stop all payments. One visit to the local Telkom office and they'll gladly take me back, so I'll be online again before you can even say »Ugh...«.
Wow. Google is still totally kaput. Gmail hangs. YouTube dies. Yet, suddenly latency is gone. (Guess no one can stream, so plenty of bandwidth around... Or everyone has left leaving me to switch off the light?)
Had the same issues at work on Friday though. And that is on MTN directly. So I'm guessing there is a general MTN issue peering to Google. Yet, no-one could be bothered to fix things...
Afripeeps,
I am sorry but I can no longer help you test your new network, due to family members being upset over the course of the this week and weekend.
On the 17th of Friday the new network kept disconnecting us from the internet, that my family came to me and blaming me for not everything working and keep going off and not loading. Well see we are 5 people who constantly need the internet to work and out of the 5, 3 people is studying including me. On Friday I had my Tutor calling me on Skype and had a session with him (appointment) for two hours which of those two hours I only got 10 minutes. I cannot get into contact with him anytime soon and now I have to go into my assignment blindfolded.
3 of us need the internet working at least 6 hours of the 7 days sometimes more. I’m mostly using the internet in evening for some gaming but that it. So my family forced me to get new internet which mean, I have to pay more money just so everyone can actually have internet and be happy, which have to come of my bank account, since we all pay a fair share, which they refused to pay more. And I am student and working part time, so for me this sucks big time, but got no other choice.
I have canceled my Afrihost account on the 18th of July before the 25th, but for some reason it say will only be canceled on 31 August, and I cannot pay again for internet I won’t use, and everyone here in my household is already on my case. We already moved to the other provider so they a bit better so yeah.
Anyway, I will be checking out Afrihost thread for improvements and will sometimes test my Afrihost free account to see if there any improvements.
Good luck with the new networks!
Regards
Henri!
My Google services are also broken.
[XC] Oj101;15680724 said:I can't authenticate at all. Another account works fine, but when I enter my Afrihost capped account details the router (DSL-2750U) gives a red internet light which flashes green twice every few seconds - according to the manual, that simply means the WAN connection is established but says nothing about the account. Help?
Google services did not work at all this weekend, other ISP accounts it worked perfectly
That's oddI'd like to check the auth logs from my end, could you PM me your DSL username please?
And Google still having issues today. 3 Times now my Gmail has lost its connection and says retrying in 1s.
This is not acceptable, most of my documentation is in Google Docs and my source code in Google Drive, if Google is broken I can't get my work done.
Really sorry about all thisExtensive testing and tweaking went into Google services this weekend.
Are you still having issues this morning?
Yes, it is VERY temperamental. Definitely not giving me any customer satisfaction. I have gone from one of Afrihost's biggest fans to actually starting to really dislike the entire brand. As a company you are physically making me upset every day. Only Eskom and the government have management to screw up that badly until now. Well done guys...