Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an Afrigreen account so unfortunately can't test there. Not sure why the pages struggle to load, according to my tests it does look like huge amounts of packet loss. If you refer back to my post with the pingtest and trace route.

I'd like to have test with Afrigreen to see if things are any better.
If you've signed up for testing drop me a PM with your current DSL username :)
 
So one is able to swap between Afrigreen and the current Afrihost account?
Does the double data still work on Afrigreen?

Would like to sign up as I am back in RSA on Friday.
 
So one is able to swap between Afrigreen and the current Afrihost account?
Does the double data still work on Afrigreen?

Would like to sign up as I am back in RSA on Friday.

For now you can switch between Afrigreen and your current account.
Double data does work on Afrigreen :)
 
Have you received an AfriGreen account to test with yet?

I will be canceling the data on my home account (10GB Capped) on the 24th. I am currently testing other ISP's and will switch to one of them at the end of the month.

My business accounts and lines will still be with you, until I find a suitable replacement.

So I am not going to pay double for my data at home, in order to help you guys with testing. I will not be a guinea pig and pay for it! Will you give an AfriGreen/Blue account for free, or at least a refund on the 10GB I already have?
 
I will be canceling the data on my home account (10GB Capped) on the 24th. I am currently testing other ISP's and will switch to one of them at the end of the month.

My business accounts and lines will still be with you, until I find a suitable replacement.

So I am not going to pay double for my data at home, in order to help you guys with testing. I will not be a guinea pig and pay for it! Will you give an AfriGreen/Blue account for free, or at least a refund on the 10GB I already have?

There are no additional costs involved around Afrigreen.
Have you run through the official thread?
 
Why is your network so bad? It's been like this for almost a week now. 50GB Capped account. Should be around +-30-40ms getting 1000+ ??



2015-07-21_00001.jpg
 
I feel sorry for those of you still dealing with the terrible service you're getting. Choosing to leave Afrihost was the best decision I've made this year. The past two weeks have been absolute bliss. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
 
Guys... if you are still struggling on Afrihost MTN, just go and get your AfriGreen POC login details... and use this.

Chalk and Cheese.

AfriGreen has fixed everything wrong with my Afrihost capped connection.

Afrihost MTN is borked, and until they add IPC capacity, nothing is going to change I think.
 
ok, registered for new network.. got email have to wait till ready to add more users...

At least did not need internet today (phew)

Drop me a PM with your current DSL username :) I'll see if I can sort something out for you.
 
That looks horrible :(
Are there latencies only seeing in-game or across the board for you?

It is across the board for me.

Guys... if you are still struggling on Afrihost MTN, just go and get your AfriGreen POC login details... and use this.

Chalk and Cheese.

AfriGreen has fixed everything wrong with my Afrihost capped connection.

Afrihost MTN is borked, and until they add IPC capacity, nothing is going to change I think.

Ok I'll do that.

Thanks :)
 
It is across the board for me.



Ok I'll do that.

Thanks :)

Just replied to your PM, Afrigreen deets incoming :)
If the latency is still high would you be able to paste a traceroute here though please? There shouldn't be that amount of latency anywhere on our network.
 
It seems that your site is confused as to what is going on. I had a 50GB account and now somehow it shows 193GB available. I guess half of that won't work since the old account is now locked right?

How would one change the size of the new afrigreen package, when I go in to manage it, there are no options to change it?

afrihost.jpg
 
It seems that your site is confused as to what is going on. I had a 50GB account and now somehow it shows 193GB available. I guess half of that won't work since the old account is now locked right?

How would one change the size of the new afrigreen package, when I go in to manage it, there are no options to change it?

View attachment 236863

Afrigreen is linked to your old accounts allocation and usage, the old account shouldn't be locked just yet.
If you need to make any changes, you'll have to do our on your @afrihost account.
 
Hi AfriGuy, I've also signed up with new network as was notified to wait until new users added. Was hoping you could assist. Sent you a PM with my account details.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X