Afrihost Capped DSL Feedback

DeSLAM

Paying for capped unshaped account. Just look at the speeds I'm getting. Certainly not what I'm paying you for. :mad:

Attachments

• 2Screenshot_2019-01-01 Openserve.png
    2Screenshot_2019-01-01 Openserve.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2019-01-01 Openserve.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-01 Openserve.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 3 Screenshot_2019-01-01 Openserve.png
    3 Screenshot_2019-01-01 Openserve.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 20

DeSLAM

Looks like Afrihost is down - no client zone working - suddenly all my January 2019 data, even roll over data is gone?!

This below is impossible on this account in December/January.

"You have used up all the data on your connectivity account!
Please log into your ClientZone to top-up your account and continue to enjoy the world wide web."

Client zone is for all purposes - dead.
answers.afrihost.com cant even find my account

Internet connectivity using AH account is also dead.

What on earth is going on? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• clientzone-1.jpg
    clientzone-1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

DeSLAM

AH Support via live chat.
(07:58:04) : "There is an issue on the radius server we are working on this to get it fixed and get clients back up and running again"

(Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service ) server fault

ADSL network status hasnt been updated to indicate the fault as yet.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Paying for capped unshaped account. Just look at the speeds I'm getting. Certainly not what I'm paying you for. :mad:
Looks like Afrihost is down - no client zone working - suddenly all my January 2019 data, even roll over data is gone?!

This below is impossible on this account in December/January.

"You have used up all the data on your connectivity account!
Please log into your ClientZone to top-up your account and continue to enjoy the world wide web."

Client zone is for all purposes - dead.
answers.afrihost.com cant even find my account

Internet connectivity using AH account is also dead.

What on earth is going on? :rolleyes:
AH Support via live chat.
(07:58:04) : "There is an issue on the radius server we are working on this to get it fixed and get clients back up and running again"

(Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service ) server fault

ADSL network status hasnt been updated to indicate the fault as yet.

There does seem to be an issue, but it doens't look like it is related to your speed. Please send me a PM with your account information and I will look into this for you.

ProAsm

Expert Member
AfriNatic, I currently have 300+ Gigs thats carried over in the last several years.
Can I give this data to someone else as I am leaving you guys at the end of this month, as I've switched to Telkom LTE.
Been with Afrihost since January 2014 and have been very happy.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
AfriNatic, I currently have 300+ Gigs thats carried over in the last several years.
Can I give this data to someone else as I am leaving you guys at the end of this month, as I've switched to Telkom LTE.
Been with Afrihost since January 2014 and have been very happy.

Sure thing, I will make a plan for you. If you send me the username of the account via PM I will sort this out for you.

ProAsm

Expert Member
Great, I'll probably give notice around the middle of the month and then near end of Feb I'll contact you :)

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Quick question... Im deciding that i might move to LTE.. However @AfriNatic if i cancel my DSL line now, does that line automatically go into the holding pool? I dont want it to be cancelled completely, as i might change my mind later on about leaving ADSL. Hope that makes sense

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Quick question... Im deciding that i might move to LTE.. However @AfriNatic if i cancel my DSL line now, does that line automatically go into the holding pool? I dont want it to be cancelled completely, as i might change my mind later on about leaving ADSL. Hope that makes sense

I totally understand that. I can see that you were chatting some of the guys on Twitter this morning. Did you manage to get this sorted out at all?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I totally understand that. I can see that you were chatting some of the guys on Twitter this morning. Did you manage to get this sorted out at all?
yes sir.. im thinking of moving to LTE, but need to decide before your new invoices are generated on the 23rd right? also then if i change my mind to stay with ADSL, i need to ensure that my line is in the holding pool and active

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
yes sir.. im thinking of moving to LTE, but need to decide before your new invoices are generated on the 23rd right? also then if i change my mind to stay with ADSL, i need to ensure that my line is in the holding pool and active

That is correct! You need to make sure you cancel by the 23rd. Your line will be automatically released as soon as it is cancelled.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
That is correct! You need to make sure you cancel by the 23rd. Your line will be automatically released as soon as it is cancelled.
So just to make sure again. If I go to the Client Portal, and cancel there, my line will then be moved to the holding pool and not cancelled completely right? I don't want to change my mind about LTE and then have to re apply for a new dsl line in its entirety

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
So just to make sure again. If I go to the Client Portal, and cancel there, my line will then be moved to the holding pool and not cancelled completely right? I don't want to change my mind about LTE and then have to re apply for a new dsl line in its entirety

That is 100% correct Iceman! It is only released once cancellation is processed (month end) :thumbsup:

NetUser

Capped semi-shaped DSL Overnight data throttled to 45% of max line speed on automated downloads.
---------------
I submitted a ticket twice with full details via the ClientZone but each time the ticket literally disappeared upon submission.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Company Rep
Capped semi-shaped DSL Overnight data throttled to 45% of max line speed on automated downloads.
---------------
I submitted a ticket twice with full details via the ClientZone but each time the ticket literally disappeared upon submission.

That is really odd. Do you still have the reference? If so I can look into it for you.

DeSLAM

Gian et al

What the hell is going on at Afrihost these days?!

This morning the net is virtually inaccessible again via AH, and my Openserve line sync is just fine. I need to use Google DNS to just get some kind of access to type this. If my router uses your provided DNS - I get nowhere.

Log into clientzone....well clientzone is MIA after one logs in, as well. :mad::mad:

So did your system die overnight ?

I've been a client of yours since 2009...guys you're losing the plot these days.

Attachments

• 700-1.jpg
    700-1.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 11