Afrihost Capped DSL Feedback

MavChat

Expert Member
Hello!?!?

Your outgoing spam filter is blocking our mails and support tickets are not being responded to or offering "helpful" suggestions like remove URL's from the mails, a bit difficult in our use case... Please assist!

If the outgoing mail is blocked by the spam filter, go to your email settings and either change your outgoing server to your ISP's server

or

train the spam filter by uploading examples of the mails being blocked in eml format to the spam filter via cPanel >> Professional Spams Filter

or

request that your mails not be filtered via the spam filter, the latter opens you up for spam mails though.

Just curious as to why ask this in the capped ADSL post, why not create a post for your query? #justsaying

If the outgoing mail is blocked by the spam filter, go to your email settings and either change your outgoing server to your ISP's server

Can't do that, it's the confirmation mails from the submission forms on the website.

train the spam filter by uploading examples of the mails being blocked in eml format to the spam filter via cPanel >> Professional Spams Filter

See that has not been presented as an option, despite asking for ways I can solve this for the past week. I'll give it a go.

request that your mails not be filtered via the spam filter, the latter opens you up for spam mails though.

Have also not been presented with this option, again despite asking for solutions. All I got was "remove URL's from the mails", which isn't going to work for us.

Just curious as to why ask this in the capped ADSL post, why not create a post for your query? #justsaying

I don't know which of the reps are still active and they are usually mostly on these threads and there's no Afrihost hosting thread as far as I can see.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi Afripeeps, please can someone contact me regarding hosting query VZM-654-64111

First support line is giving me canned responses and I am getting annoyed.
Hello!?!?

Your outgoing spam filter is blocking our mails and support tickets are not being responded to or offering "helpful" suggestions like remove URL's from the mails, a bit difficult in our use case... Please assist!

The issue is spamrl.com doesn't belong to us. We have no control over it and we can only try to make the changes it suggests.

Dianysis

Expert Member
Is this place still alive?

Please can you help me with an exact price per month for:

10 mbps line bundled with
200 GB unshaped capped data and
Afrihost+ (for double data giving a total of 400 GB of unshaped capped data for LIFE as per webpage)

According to my calculations:
R778 for capped bundle
+ R109 for Afrihost+
= R887 per month

Am I correct?

MavChat

Expert Member
Is this place still alive?

Please can you help me with an exact price per month for:

10 mbps line bundled with
200 GB unshaped capped data and
Afrihost+ (for double data giving a total of 400 GB of unshaped capped data for LIFE as per webpage)

According to my calculations:
R778 for capped bundle
+ R109 for Afrihost+
= R887 per month

Am I correct?

Seems accurate.

Gekco

Expert Member
I am getting terrible latency in the mornings between about 6 am and 11:30 am? ADSL Uncapped a 8MB premium line

MavChat

Expert Member
I am getting terrible latency in the mornings between about 6 am and 11:30 am? ADSL Uncapped a 8MB premium line
What happens when you run a traceroute?

Connect your computer to the router directly by plugging a cable from one of the routers LAN ports directly into your computer. Turn off the WiFi by pressing the wireless button (usually on the back of the router) until the WiFi lights go off.

To do the trace route press the windows key + R and type CMD
Press enter to open Command Prompt
Type tracert bbc.co.uk and press enter - replace bbc.co.uk with the IP address or url (without http:// or www) of the server you are experiencing the issue to.

Post a screenshot of the result here and we can have a look.

Nikkel

Expert Member
It seems now that more peeps are on fibre my shaped capped account performs like an unshaped account 24/7:cool:

That said, I'll be on the fibre bandwagon soon...just waiting on Mitchellsfibre to finish up;)

froot

Honorary Master
It seems now that more peeps are on fibre my shaped capped account performs like an unshaped account 24/7:cool:

That said, I'll be on the fibre bandwagon soon...just waiting on Mitchellsfibre to finish up;)

Haha must be!

I wanted to say I miss my capped account, but the pure fibre just works so great!

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Go to afrihost.com and check the products...?
yea.. have internet restrictions at work so unable to access. but dont you think they should possibly make life a littttle easier for us if they on this platform??:unsure:

Belligerence

Just a question - Daily for the past 2 weeks im getting a email and a sms to Verify my account (didnt complete the free 1GB signup and don't intend to) Is there a way to stop the emails and sms's coming through - Slightly annoying.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Just a question - Daily for the past 2 weeks im getting a email and a sms to Verify my account (didnt complete the free 1GB signup and don't intend to) Is there a way to stop the emails and sms's coming through - Slightly annoying.

Please drop me a PM with your account details so I can see what is triggering the verification requirement.

LabAnimal

Expert Member
Looks like Afrihost fell over, can't connect for a while now, and I can't reach the website from my phone, nor from another wifi connection.

Update : - International seems down, can access local sites only

Last edited:

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Looks like Afrihost fell over, can't connect for a while now, and I can't reach the website from my phone, nor from another wifi connection.

Update : - International seems down, can access local sites only

That's very strange, no general issues like this over the weekend. If that were the case, it would have affected our fibre and mobile products as well.

Are things back to normal now? Did you run any tests I could take a look at?

Also, what DNS settings are you using?