Afrihost delay on installation

Harryc

As Afrihost do not respond to Hello Peter this is the only forum I have to let off steam.
A lady who is renting a place from us has been trying to activate fibre in her unit that has a Vumatel CPE
Object number VT-NC-OB-1942
Afrihost keeps telling her that there is no CPE even after she gave them the number.
Today I spoke to a guy who told me Vumatel must go and do an installation.(Never got his name.)
I then asked him to transfer me to the installations department.
After 10 minutes a guy named Ryan (Indian) answered and refused to give me his surname.
He informed me that they do not have an installation department, but his friend told me they have
He was very cheeky and arrogant.
Ask me questions like “Has MWEB released the object number into the object pool” I am supposed to know this?
Eventually he said that he will send a request to Vumatel to configure the CPE
I then asked him that if had not phoned, when were they planning to send the request to Vumatel
I then mentioned that Afrihost should start looking at Hello Peter to see what customers think of their service.
He then put the phone down while I was speaking.
Even though I was very irritated I never shouted or raised my voice to him.
I remember the days when service was number one for Afrihost.
I suppose when you get big enough you can afford to be rude and lose customers

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
As Afrihost do not respond to Hello Peter this is the only forum I have to let off steam.
A lady who is renting a place from us has been trying to activate fibre in her unit that has a Vumatel CPE
Object number VT-NC-OB-1942
Afrihost keeps telling her that there is no CPE even after she gave them the number.
Today I spoke to a guy who told me Vumatel must go and do an installation.(Never got his name.)
I then asked him to transfer me to the installations department.
After 10 minutes a guy named Ryan (Indian) answered and refused to give me his surname.
He informed me that they do not have an installation department, but his friend told me they have
He was very cheeky and arrogant.
Ask me questions like “Has MWEB released the object number into the object pool” I am supposed to know this?
Eventually he said that he will send a request to Vumatel to configure the CPE
I then asked him that if had not phoned, when were they planning to send the request to Vumatel
I then mentioned that Afrihost should start looking at Hello Peter to see what customers think of their service.
He then put the phone down while I was speaking.
Even though I was very irritated I never shouted or raised my voice to him.
I remember the days when service was number one for Afrihost.
I suppose when you get big enough you can afford to be rude and lose customers
I am so sorry to hear how you have struggled to get some help here. Unfortunately we don't monitor Hellopeter, but this doesn't mean that we don't want to help you.

I am going to reach out to our Fibre Ops Team to find out what must be done with your order. I will revert as soon as I have some feedback for you.