Afrihost - fax2mail just cancelled without notice

someuser

When I signed up with Afrihost for my hosting and dsl I created a couple of the free fax2email number they offered and went ahead and printed them on business cards and stationary. I hardly ever get faxes but was expecting one the other day which never arrived. I logged into client zone to make sure it was routing to the correct e-mail address only to find NO FAX NUMBER whatsoever so I logged a support ticket.

Long story short, Afrihost has decided that I wasn't using the fax number (that's what they told me) and cancelled it without instruction or notice. To make matters worse, they are now saying I cannot get it back because unused numbers go back into the pool and get re-allocated. So not only am I sitting with thousands of rands of business cards with the incorrect fax number but all of my faxes with personal and private information to some stranger!!!!

And of course when I throw my toys and demand that this be escalated and investigated I just get ignored. Thanks AfriHell.

wetkit

Expert Member
Just have a look at your spam mail. Perhaps you will find a message there.
I'm using it for work, but got a mail some months back saying, use it or loose it.
So, I faxed myself :/

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
When I signed up with Afrihost for my hosting and dsl I created a couple of the free fax2email number they offered and went ahead and printed them on business cards and stationary. I hardly ever get faxes but was expecting one the other day which never arrived. I logged into client zone to make sure it was routing to the correct e-mail address only to find NO FAX NUMBER whatsoever so I logged a support ticket.

Long story short, Afrihost has decided that I wasn't using the fax number (that's what they told me) and cancelled it without instruction or notice. To make matters worse, they are now saying I cannot get it back because unused numbers go back into the pool and get re-allocated. So not only am I sitting with thousands of rands of business cards with the incorrect fax number but all of my faxes with personal and private information to some stranger!!!!

And of course when I throw my toys and demand that this be escalated and investigated I just get ignored. Thanks AfriHell.

Hi

Sorry to hear about this :( It's standard procedure to deactivate after the service isn't being used - we should have notified you about this though.
Could you PM me your account info so I can have this followed up on for you please?

someuser

I wish that was the case, like I said I actually logged a support query and this is the reponse:

"Unfortunately this will not be entirely possible, reason being - is that the Free Fax 2 Email services uses recyled numbers. Meaning, once you have discontinued the service or haven't used it, the Fax number provided will be put back into a pull of numbers whereby it will most likely be used vua another Client. I do apologise for this, I hope you have a great day further and enjoy the week ahead."

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
I wish that was the case, like I said I actually logged a support query and this is the reponse:

"Unfortunately this will not be entirely possible, reason being - is that the Free Fax 2 Email services uses recyled numbers. Meaning, once you have discontinued the service or haven't used it, the Fax number provided will be put back into a pull of numbers whereby it will most likely be used vua another Client. I do apologise for this, I hope you have a great day further and enjoy the week ahead."

This is correct, but as I said - we should have notified you about this.
Please PM me your account info so I can follow things up further.

someuser

As per our PM, this looks to be all sorted.

Thanks Afriguy, it looks like it yes. I will test it and confirm.

Glad someone was willing to try and get this resolved instead of just saying there is nothing that can be done and telling me to have a good week. They should give you a raise.

F

Fudzy

Why is the Wireless service disabled for Business Uncapped customers?