Afrihost Pure DSL

Noticed that VOX's offering is over R100 cheaper than Afrihost:
Thanks for this! I am cancelling my Afrihost order this friday if I hear nothing back from them and will be trying this as an alternative

• Haha
Reactions: "D"

elriconess

Well I received a call from Openserve offering me LTE. Because "the cable that feeds my street has been stolen". When my neighbour has DSL. OMG the lines were replaced almost a year back. They keep coming up with excuses.

• Wow
Reactions: "D"

nad_isa

Well I received a call from Openserve offering me LTE. Because "the cable that feeds my street has been stolen". When my neighbour has DSL. OMG the lines were replaced almost a year back. They keep coming up with excuses.
Eish...Ive got adsl so that cant be their excuse for me. my order was cancelled by openserve with no explanation and waiting for the reason why for more than a week...

jvk

Expert Member
i have an existing 50gb capped adsl account with Afrihost - i usually get 100gb, the 50gb on the normal account and another 50gb on the afrigreen account. This month i see i only have 50gb - did they do away with the afrigreen accounts ?

Bicboi

I am in Langebaan and it took only 7 working days from signing up to implemented. Afrihost and Openserve combo. It seems that it goes faster if you are not in a city. I am very happy/lucky. Now I must just get used to the 4 mb DSL vs 200 Mb Fiber at home. I remember when I upgraded to Fiber I promised myself that I will never go back to ADSL. No Fiber option in Langebaan yet. So never say never. :)

Reactions: Yuu

elriconess

Wow they had to sent two muscled tall white males to my house to tell me the cabling department is busy with replacing the cable and doesn't know when they'll finish. At least it's progress after speaking with the manager and screaming at him!

nad_isa

Wow they had to sent two muscled tall white males to my house to tell me the cabling department is busy with replacing the cable and doesn't know when they'll finish. At least it's progress after speaking with the manager and screaming at him!
at least some progress boet.

ab-user

14 days lapsed, afrihost support escalated my request.
not(Fun and SOE games)

rambo919

Executive Member
Line was just installed at home, at work so have not had time to look at anything..... did anyone else get a free router?

rambo919

Executive Member
You're not suppose to, I guess Openserve is generous.
I was not at home. Apparently is was part of the "packet"..... dunno if the dude was just confused or if they have too many old one's in stock.

I must add that I had to actually tell him I was switching to Pure DSL.... he thought he was installing a completely new line.

rambo919

Executive Member
Got home and no internet, have on clientzone through phone it says "pending". Have received no new login details..... miscommunication between afrihost and openserve? @cavedog PM incomming

nad_isa

I was not at home. Apparently is was part of the "packet"..... dunno if the dude was just confused or if they have too many old one's in stock.

I must add that I had to actually tell him I was switching to Pure DSL.... he thought he was installing a completely new line.
I thought pure dsl is a totally separate line hence they would install a new line..?