Afrihost Pure DSL

src926

No word on that yet unfortunately.

We have given the free upgrades to existing clients if their lines supported the upgraded speeds.
Any idea why Openserve reverted some of the upgrades? My line is capable of running at 10Mb and was doing so for a week, but it has since dropped back to 5Mb.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Any idea why Openserve reverted some of the upgrades? My line is capable of running at 10Mb and was doing so for a week, but it has since dropped back to 5Mb.

In some cases clients are connected to old dslam's only capable of G.DMT. These clients were pushed to 10Mbps profiles and then lost connectivity as a result as the dslam does not support more than 4Mbps.

Openserve reverted these clients back.

We would need to do a manual regrade for you.

src926

In some cases clients are connected to old dslam's only capable of G.DMT. These clients were pushed to 10Mbps profiles and then lost connectivity as a result as the dslam does not support more than 4Mbps.

Openserve reverted these clients back.

We would need to do a manual regrade for you.
Could we please have that done then? I didn't bother about it as I was hoping my fibre would be installed by now but Openserve is taking forever. You already have my clientzone details.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Could we please have that done then? I didn't bother about it as I was hoping my fibre would be installed by now but Openserve is taking forever. You already have my clientzone details.

Let me have a look for your pm and see what I can do.

MEG101

Our new ADSL pricing below and the changes that will happen with existing clients.

View attachment 1048841
I like the new package prices, I am currently with Axxess - I am very happy with the 20mbps Just DSL for R595 per month, was considering upgrading to 40mbps for R745 per month. But with the new PureDSL prices from Afrihost - 40 mbps for R697 per month, I might be considering moving to you for the R48.00 per month saving on 40mbps PureDSL. Well done Afrihost!!

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I like the new package prices, I am currently with Axxess - I am very happy with the 20mbps Just DSL for R595 per month, was considering upgrading to 40mbps for R745 per month. But with the new PureDSL prices from Afrihost - 40 mbps for R697 per month, I might be considering moving to you for the R48.00 per month saving on 40mbps PureDSL. Well done Afrihost!!

Thanks. Glad you are happy with the new prices.

MEG101

Thanks. Glad you are happy with the new prices.
Is it possible to move for Axxess to Afrihost? I am really considering 40mbps PureDSL for R697.00 per month. Or will Axxess reduce 40mbps price anytime soon?

Totempole

Expert Member
Is it possible to move for Axxess to Afrihost? I am really considering 40mbps PureDSL for R697.00 per month. Or will Axxess reduce 40mbps price anytime soon?
I don't think you can just switch. You'd likely have to cancel completely with Axxess and then sign up at Afrihost. Since they're sister companies it may be different, but I doubt it.

So it might not be worth the risk or effort.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

You can not migrate on Pure Connect lines like you can on Copper connect lines.

With Pure Connect there is no holding pool. It's a cease (cancel) at the old ISP and provide (new install) at the new ISP meaning you get a new service number.

MEG101

You can not migrate on Pure Connect lines like you can on Copper connect lines.

With Pure Connect there is no holding pool. It's a cease (cancel) at the old ISP and provide (new install) at the new ISP meaning you get a new service number.
Ok I understand. Is it possible to have 2 DSL lines active at one residense? I can still keep the Axxess Just DSL line and order a Pure DSL line at Afrihost and wait for it to be installed and then cancel the Axxess Line? I dont want to be without internet as we stream and use the internet constantly. I know that there runs 2 pairs of copper wires into a household.

Hanzo

Ok I understand. Is it possible to have 2 DSL lines active at one residense? I can still keep the Axxess Just DSL line and order a Pure DSL line at Afrihost and wait for it to be installed and then cancel the Axxess Line? I dont want to be without internet as we stream and use the internet constantly. I know that there runs 2 pairs of copper wires into a household.
It's highly likely that you can. I currently have 2 running on the same cable. Be sure to tell the technician exactly what you want. And also provision for a month or 2 where you'll need to pay for 2 internet lines

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

If you have at least 2 copper pairs you can have 2 active lines. Some technicians might not want to do this but definitely possible to have at least 2 lines per property and more if you have more than 2 pairs of copper wires.

MEG101

If you have at least 2 copper pairs you can have 2 active lines. Some technicians might not want to do this but definitely possible to have at least 2 lines per property and more if you have more than 2 pairs of copper wires.
Thank you I appreciate your help. I will check to see if there is a second pair copper wires in the current line that comes into the house. If so, order will be placed for Afrihost PureDSL.

MEG101

It's highly likely that you can. I currently have 2 running on the same cable. Be sure to tell the technician exactly what you want. And also provision for a month or 2 where you'll need to pay for 2 internet lines
Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.