Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread Part 2

Hi @Afrigirl

Can you please advise if switching from CoolIdeas is an easy process given you are part of the same group?

Is there any downtime / additional costs?

Thanks!
 
Hi @Afrigirl

Can you please advise if switching from CoolIdeas is an easy process given you are part of the same group?

Is there any downtime / additional costs?

Thanks!
Hi,

Yes, there may be some downtime during the migration. Our order is dependent on the line first being released by the previous ISP. Once the line has been released, activation can take up to 72 hours.

Could you please confirm which FNO the line is currently with?
 
Hi,

Yes, there may be some downtime during the migration. Our order is dependent on the line first being released by the previous ISP. Once the line has been released, activation can take up to 72 hours.

Could you please confirm which FNO the line is currently with?
Thank you. The line is with Openserve
 
Hi guys,

I just wanted to check if its just me or a wider problem, CPT Northern suburbs. I check my speed and I get:

1790870290177.png

I then reboot my router or even just logout my PPOE and log back in again I then get my full 300mbs/200Mbs for the first test after internet comes up. 1min later do a speed test and we back at 80mbs / 90mbs as per screenshot.

Afrihost are you throttling us/me or what's going on?
 
Hi guys,

I just wanted to check if its just me or a wider problem, CPT Northern suburbs. I check my speed and I get:

View attachment 1941898

I then reboot my router or even just logout my PPOE and log back in again I then get my full 300mbs/200Mbs for the first test after internet comes up. 1min later do a speed test and we back at 80mbs / 90mbs as per screenshot.

Afrihost are you throttling us/me or what's going on?
I tried WhatsApp chat and it closed, Tried calling and I get very bad quality automated greeting and then my call is just dropped. Is Afrihost going under what's going on there?
 
Hi guys,

I just wanted to check if its just me or a wider problem, CPT Northern suburbs. I check my speed and I get:

View attachment 1941898

I then reboot my router or even just logout my PPOE and log back in again I then get my full 300mbs/200Mbs for the first test after internet comes up. 1min later do a speed test and we back at 80mbs / 90mbs as per screenshot.

Afrihost are you throttling us/me or what's going on?
Legit having a very weird but similar case. Albeit over Openserve (PPPoE)

Code:
root@DockerV2:~# speedtest

   Speedtest by Ookla

      Server: TechTribe IT - Paarl (id: 38249)
         ISP: AFRIHOST OTHER
Idle Latency:    15.98 ms   (jitter: 0.16ms, low: 15.77ms, high: 16.13ms)
    Download:    52.42 Mbps (data used: 23.6 MB)
                 97.50 ms   (jitter: 28.67ms, low: 15.26ms, high: 399.43ms)
      Upload:     3.78 Mbps (data used: 5.8 MB)
                 17.59 ms   (jitter: 15.59ms, low: 14.67ms, high: 357.84ms)
 Packet Loss:     2.6%
  Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/fe6b139b-79dc-4074-98d4-d211a2f8d57b
root@DockerV2:~#

Also, smokeping just went all grey for a few minutes.
1790872289142.png
 
Seems it's been ongoing since 3pm ish. Maybe be related to the 'proactive' maintenance they did on the 30th.
Please run an MTR/traceroute to 8.8.8.8 so we can see where the loss starts
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X