Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Windscribe speeds actually around 80Mbps. Not too bad if I just need it for 2 days or so.

I only really play multiplayer games these days. Get bored with single player games very quickly!
That's inconceivable. You need to find better single player games.

Pho3nix

The Legend
I'm getting around 50Mbps with Windscribe VPN. It will do until this stuff is sorted out.

Really wish Cloudflare would stop twiddling their thumbs and release the promised desktop clients for Warp+. I'm not going through the manual workaround again.

So play single-player games like Doom Eternal?
Isn’t there one? Using it on WireGuard and didn’t configure anything except importing the file I got.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Isn’t there one? Using it on WireGuard and didn’t configure anything except importing the file I got.
That's just Warp. It only provides a very marginal improvement for me. Warp+ is a bloody mission to set up though.

Bewlen

It really, REALLY gets my goat that Afrihost is a pure Mon-Fri office hours company. So you have thousands of people relying on your service, paying good money, and you can't fix your business basically not providing the service its clients pays for, because its a weekend.... Un. Real.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
It really, REALLY gets my goat that Afrihost is a pure Mon-Fri office hours company. So you have thousands of people relying on your service, paying good money, and you can't fix your business basically not providing the service its clients pays for, because its a weekend.... Un. Real.
In this case, they might be struggling with a suboptimal remote working setup during the lockdown. I think they were active on the weekends during the previous cable break drama.

Regardless, you can fix the worst of the problem for $2. Go to windscribe.com and build a custom plan that consists only of the SA location and unlimited data. Cancel your account once you're up and running, and billing will not continue after the first month. International is perfectly usable for me now using their Ellis Park connection of the 3 SA servers.

skylink

And there are other options from these that they could use WACS, EASSy, SAT3, SAFE, and Seacom but no will stick to one without some type of failover.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Ah beautiful. Afrihost is still stuffed for my Pure Fibre, but Windscribe's Afrihost location is performing great suddenly.

Without Windscribe:

With:

So there is capacity, just not for residential users.

Naks

Expert Member
Ah beautiful. Afrihost is still stuffed for my Pure Fibre, but Windscribe's Afrihost location is performing great suddenly.

Without Windscribe:

With:

So there is capacity, just not for residential users.
Looks like I should get Windscribe, PureVPN isn't cutting it...