Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

chickenbeef

Executive Member
The thing is, it wants to charge me the R997 for installation on acceptance of the order on their side. My parents also got fiber installed the 15th March and it was covered by Afrihost.

Nevermind, I saw them hiding it in their T's and C's
I just got caught out by this. During checkout it showed it was discounted but they charged me for the installation.

Logged a ticket and they sent me this:

"Please note that the installation fee is no longer free with Vumatel. However, Afrihost covers activation fee and router. You will be charged R1497.00 for the installation and the remaining R228.00 out of R1725.00 will be discounted by Afrihost. This is for the sign ups made after the 24th of March 2020. Hence, you are liable for the charges."

1586502870246.png
Freakin scummy that it isn't clear enough on checkout, I would have went with Axxess (R999) had I known :cautious:

Last edited:

Azteca

Hi Afripeople.

What's happening with the Openserve Fibre? My Afrihost account cannot connect from around 1:30 this morning. But any other ISP accounts works fine.

Loppas

Hi Afripeople.

What's happening with the Openserve Fibre? My Afrihost account cannot connect from around 1:30 this morning. But any other ISP accounts works fine.
Your line also running slow? Mine did the same thing and i'm now hard limited to 1mbps on any of my accounts. Cape town openserve.

Naks

Executive Member
Finally got some feedback from Frogfoot Fibre via AH support:

"There are currently network changes in-progress for this customer link!

FRG93162: DFA CHANGE REF 238694
FRG231958: Backbone 1 Switch maintenance
FRG401557: OLT Firmware upgrade
FRG429544: Vlan Migration Phase 2.1
FRG452151: S/R 260442 CPT
FRG604041: Cape Town BB1 Capacity Upgrade
FRG650222: OLT Firmware Upgrades Cape Town 3
FRG753668: Remove MPLS LDP loop detection from switches CPT BB1
FRG784255: Emergency Capacity - Cape Town affected Nodes "

cavedog

Honorary Master
Your line also running slow? Mine did the same thing and i'm now hard limited to 1mbps on any of my accounts. Cape town openserve.
Looks like a cape town issue.

Downdetector.co.za also spiking in complaints

Azteca

Yes, currently using an Axxess account but I can see that the connection is slower.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Openserve Centurion is flying

Really? Because I'm on Openserve Centurion and I've been unable to connect at all this morning. Router log says PAP authentication failed, but my credentials haven't changed. No response on whatsapp.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Really? Because I'm on Openserve Centurion and I've been unable to connect at all this morning. Router log says PAP authentication failed, but my credentials haven't changed. No response on whatsapp.
Yeah maybe I'm lucky lol did not even notice anything. Saw a lot of complaints on social but mine is fast here in Wierdapark.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Yeah maybe I'm lucky lol did not even notice anything. Saw a lot of complaints on social but mine is fast here in Wierdapark.
Well yeah, if others are having the same issue then I'm sure congestion is way down for you. Must be nice.

Edit: just reconnected, but as far as international is concerned I'm now on a 1mb line.

Afrihost, is this some sort of sick joke?

Another edit: Local isn't any better.

Last edited:

noemfie

Same here in Heuweloord , close to Weirda Park , basically 1Mbps line , I'm on Supersonic . Great Timing openserve !!

The_Traveller

Expert Member
I'm around the corner from you in Raslouw and I'm touching 1Mbps at most.

Openserve is messed up, if you see the Afrihost network check page.

Last edited:

Leitmotif

Expert Member
So I finally got a rep on WhatsApp. They reset my line, which resulted in everything being dead. Switching to Google DNS sorted that, though, and now I have full speed again until the next cockup. Here's hoping it doesn't come.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So I finally got a rep on WhatsApp. They reset my line, which resulted in everything being dead. Switching to Google DNS sorted that, though, and now I have full speed again until the next cockup. Here's hoping it doesn't come.
I use 9.9.9.9 and 1.1.1.2 Fast and safe DNS

quovadis

Expert Member
Well yeah, if others are having the same issue then I'm sure congestion is way down for you. Must be nice.

Edit: just reconnected, but as far as international is concerned I'm now on a 1mb line.

Afrihost, is this some sort of sick joke?

Another edit: Local isn't any better.
Openserve has a massive issue obviously... Axxess ISP account, Vox ISP account and Openserv Guest accounts all at 1mb/1mb.

eshar

Hi.
i came across a tool called DNSbench. This tool will scan which dns will give you the best experience

feesbees

My metrofibre line that is with Afrihost has been off since yesterday. The ONT box shows no link on the fibre. I have an open ticket but am unable to get any update on what is happening. Can one of the afrihost support guys assist me here on some feedback? Whatsapp support hasn't been able to assist.