Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

microsoftword

Try and cancel in ClientZone and see what it says.
I don't trust it to not immediately bill me R999 when I do, because dealing with their accounts department to get that money back will be hell if my experience is anything to go by thus far, if cancellation is only free after May I'd rather stick it another month then have to send them screenshots of their agent telling me I can cancel end of April without fees and fighting over who is to blame.

IOPS

Nothing it will cancel as expected but a few days later an invoice for R999 will be sent.
Seriously? That's not so cool.

I don't trust it to not immediately bill me R999 when I do, because dealing with their accounts department to get that money back will be hell if my experience is anything to go by thus far, if cancellation is only free after May I'd rather stick it another month then have to send them screenshots of their agent telling me I can cancel end of April without fees and fighting over who is to blame.
Interested in why you're cancelling though, my fibre with them and Octotel has been solid.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
I've sent a ClientZone ticket, email, Whatsapp ticket and MyBroadband PM.

No one at this company has actually replied with an answer as to whether or not I can cancel this month and not pay a cancellation penalty.

Come on now? :( Just give me a yes or no!
I'll check PM's now for you.

blunt

Expert Member
Anyone have experience moving away from Afrihost on Openserve, smooth transition to the holding pool so the new ISP can take over? Anything I need to be aware of, potential battle with AH support?

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Nice one. Glad you managed to get online again.
I've updated my support ticket with your ticket number, lets hope they manage to get this sorted.
Have you been sorted or issue addressed?

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Anyone have experience moving away from Afrihost on Openserve, smooth transition to the holding pool so the new ISP can take over? Anything I need to be aware of, potential battle with AH support?
Hey Blunt, We release the line within 48 hours after the last day of the month. There after, you should be able to have the New ISP take over from there.

blunt

Expert Member
Hey Blunt, We release the line within 48 hours after the last day of the month. There after, you should be able to have the New ISP take over from there.
Thanks, does that mean I'll be offline for 48 hrs?

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
When I posted about this my post was deleted....

Jovs

Have you been sorted or issue addressed?
Hey AfriGuy, received an update this morning, apparently there's multiple clients with this same issue and your fire OPS is busy investigating.
Thanks

Loppas

I just cancelled and moved to cisp. The AH pppoe account worked up until about 4pm or so on the 1st. On the 2nd AH released the line and it took another day for the new isp to pick it up. Your line doesn't go down immediately when put into the holding pool, i'v heard its up to 7 days it stays online before it gets suspended but i don't know the exact duration for sure.

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
interesting, are you still with AH?
I have accounts will multiple ISPs incl. AH. My recommendation is to find an ISP that will charge separate line items for the FNO part and the ISP part. Being able to pay the components via separate bills will reduce most of the migration noise. And with that my post will be deleted again.

Loppas

I have accounts will multiple ISPs incl. AH. My recommendation is to find an ISP that will charge separate line items for the FNO part and the ISP part. Being able to pay the components via separate bills will reduce most of the migration noise. And with that my post will be deleted again.
Are there any isps that actually do that, they all bundle it together since the FNOs don't want to deal directly with customers anymore.

blunt

Expert Member
I have a Vox DSL account I use, but I am moving over to MWEB for their 40/10 line (clearly a b/w controlled 40/20) - AH don't offer that particular speed and their support of late is atrocious.. i'm sure MWEB can't be any worse.

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
Are there any isps that actually do that, they all bundle it together since the FNOs don't want to deal directly with customers anymore.
There are some ISPs that sell an OpenServe data only package so you can use that on a link that has OpenServe fibre + data from another ISP. There is no ISP that sells OpenServe fibre only. Not even telkom.
Its time we had naked fibre.

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
I have a Vox DSL account I use, but I am moving over to MWEB for their 40/10 line (clearly a b/w controlled 40/20) - AH don't offer that particular speed and their support of late is atrocious.. i'm sure MWEB can't be any worse.
Excellent idea to have another prepaid account on Openserve handy (one of the only ones that allow it, ironically).
I'm certain you can use the MWEB link and another ISP account on top of that and get better speeds on the uplink. Maybe test and see if it works and provide some feedback?