Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Jovs

@Jovs has your FF issue been resolved? AH support responded to my ticket today saying they see it's connected so they infer all is ok now. I tried to switch back to DHCP and nothing's changed, line is also still @ 10MB and not the free upgrade to 20MB. Responded now to tell them it is not ok, still no response from DHCP server unless I use a static IP.

@AfriFella @AfriGuy are there any competent staff left with AH? If @Jovs didnt give me the idea to set a static IP my FF line would be down since 2 April, and still down today.
@blunt
Nope, still experiencing the same issue with not getting DHCP. My line is also only running 100mbps instead of the upgraded 200mbps even though it's showing as 200mbps according to Afrihost support. Last update I received from John on Thursday is that their fiber OPS is still investigating. Will let you know the moment I receive any positive feedback from support.

VicB

Does anybody here know where one can lay a formal complaint against an ISP? My current ISP (Vodacom) cut off my service at the end of March, but can't seem to release my line back to Openserve so that I can migrate to AH. I've been on the phone with them daily for the past 4 weeks, and can't get this resolved. They keep coming up with excuses, and promise me it will be done in the next day or two, but this just keeps dragging on. Not sure if I should take this to ICASA or BCCCSA or what?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Does anybody here know where one can lay a formal complaint against an ISP? My current ISP (Vodacom) cut off my service at the end of March, but can't seem to release my line back to Openserve so that I can migrate to AH. I've been on the phone with them daily for the past 4 weeks, and can't get this resolved. They keep coming up with excuses, and promise me it will be done in the next day or two, but this just keeps dragging on. Not sure if I should take this to ICASA or BCCCSA or what?
I wanted to suggest ISPA but they aren't a member...

blunt

Expert Member
Was this on WiFi or via LAN?
I think no reply at all is better than this reply. I also posted this on the 1st of April, it has since resolved itself.

Is AH's latest support mantra to wait an unacceptable amount of time and then fire off generic first line support responses? If you look at your post 2 before this, you'd see you actually quoted me saying Gigabit LAN.

If so, everyone, I can reply to all your queries now (sorry, only ones that were posted a couple days or more ago): "Is the problem still happening?" or "Was this over wifi or lan?" pick one.

Seeyou

Expert Member
I think no reply at all is better than this reply. I also posted this on the 1st of April, it has since resolved itself.

Is AH's latest support mantra to wait an unacceptable amount of time and then fire off generic first line support responses? If you look at your post 2 before this, you'd see you actually quoted me saying Gigabit LAN.

If so, everyone, I can reply to all your queries now (sorry, only ones that were posted a couple days or more ago): "Is the problem still happening?" or "Was this over wifi or lan?" pick one.
Pretty sure since whoever was running Afriman left, they're just rotating first line support staff on the various forum accounts.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

I'm sorry if it sounds generic, and I can imagine how tedious it is, I can assure you that I would not be asking if it wasn't relevant. Can you PM me your email address, I will ask our fibre team to take a look and try fix this issue.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hey @AfriPeeps

A bit confused. I'm a potential new (well, oldish new) customer and hoping to sign up for Vuma fibre.

I had a look this morning, and saw this new (50Down 20Up) package option:

View attachment 810365

Which I was super stoked about! I did double check that it was valid with a call centre agent:

View attachment 810367

However when I checked back a few minutes ago, the option has gone. Any idea whether this is a mistake, or whether this package option was never an option :)

View attachment 810369

Thanks!
Hi Zertop, I'm really sorry about that, this must have been an error that was corrected. The second pricing is the correct one as per our website currently. Really sorry about that.

blunt

Expert Member
I'm sorry if it sounds generic, and I can imagine how tedious it is, I can assure you that I would not be asking if it wasn't relevant. Can you PM me your email address, I will ask our fibre team to take a look and try fix this issue.
funny how your reply shows you didn't even read my post in full before adding another one of the common 'im sorry' replies. long story short - i don't need your assistance for this issue.

microsoftword

I spoke to someone over the phone just now, they told me they tested my line and saw "intermittent connection" and I need to log a fault, he did some line reset, I rebooted and now getting 100/100 on my 200/100 but with higher than normal ping

New ticket: VMW-251-75132

cavedog

Honorary Master
I spoke to someone over the phone just now, they told me they tested my line and saw "intermittent connection" and I need to log a fault, he did some line reset, I rebooted and now getting 100/100 on my 200/100 but with higher than normal ping

Might be a line fault or congestion somewhere because I'm in Centurion and it's perfect my side so either an area related issue or line issue.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Hi microsoftword, I am sorry to hear about the poor speeds, I have asked our fibre support to attend to this ticket ASAP. It should be logged to our upstream provider to address shortly.